California newbies - PNW or bust.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They had two 56' slips available on E dock when I called a couple weeks ago. She said it's a first come first serve policy, so I imagine availability changes throughout the seasons.
Their liability insurance requirements are high (1.0 mill) and she also assured me their background checks are comprehensive for liveaboards. Neither of those are a problem for us.

1 million liability policy is not unusual. Most decent marinas have a similar policy and enforce it.

Edit: At least in the PNW. I have no idea about elsewhere.

Thank you, Dave
I noticed the pricing difference between the 2 marinas...pretty significant when you annualize it (US$3-4K)
As for the weather, does 61.9 land miles between Anacortes and Blaine make such a difference in regards to weather pattern?
I like the idea of being further from Seattle, but not closer to Vancouver, lol.
And now that I learned how much raw caca Victoria dumps on the Strait of Fuca, I'd not mind putting some distance from it.

Once you get to know the geography, you will understand that all of what Victoria dumps does not affect boating in any of the places you will be going, unless you plan to boat by submarine. Anacortes is quite a bit closer to Victoria than Semiamoo.

The weather patters line up with Juan de Fuca and with Georgia Strait. The meeting of those straits gets a break from the medium weight weather, hence the semi-arid climate of the northern San Juans and the southern Gulf Islands. In the big storms, nobody gets a break.

Blaine Has Fraser River weather which is an open door to the interior BC which can = cold and stormy. Anacortes is in the rain shadow of the Olympics Which makes it less stormy and dryer.

Fred P......

Back
Top Bottom