Cabinet door hinge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnEasley

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
Anyone familiar with this probably-common cabinet door hinge? We have several and a couple are loose or out of adjustment and the doors sag a little. You can lift up and back slightly to cause the hinge to drop back in place and the door to close normally. The screws that attach the hinge to the door and to the cabinet are all tight. I'm hoping it's just an adjustment and someone can tell me how to do it.
IMG_1737.jpg

Thanks.

John

Last edited:
They're known as "European concealed cabinet hinges". I used to work for Amerock (big usa mfgr) and we had several models. There are a ton of other designs out there. Look at the big box builders' stores, they'll have a bunch. Knowing key dimensions you may be able to switch yours with another design.

That design of hinge comes in all forms of quality from a simple barely adjustable to an extremely well built and adjustable with soft close. Amerock is found at a lot of home depot stores. I like Blum products.

Greetings,
Mr. MV. As mentioned, depends on the hinge. From my limited experience, it looks like the only adjustment you may have on that particular hinge are the 2 horizontally aligned screws on the right hand side of your picture. Both should be tight BUT you can try loosening one then tightening the other. This shifts the angle of the door either in or out on the hinge side. To complicate matters if both screws are loose, the door can slide back and forth.

Yup, a finicky, fiddly job.

The horizontal screws on the cabinet box are the adjustment screws. The back one - furthest from the door - is the set screw and looks loose. It's probably stripped where it's tapped into the hinge body. The other screw - closest to the door - adjusts door alignment and will not tighten until bottomed out.

These are probably cheap hinges and need to be replaced. Gold standard in cabinet hinges is Blum. Home Depot can get them but usually have Everbuilt, their house brand which is likely akin to what you have.

https://www.blum.com/us/en/products/hingesystems/

Back
Top Bottom