Buying furniture for remodeled Californian Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have suggestions where I can order furniture to put in a newly remodel (gutted) Californian 34' trawler?

Most joiner work will need to be custom designed and made.

Not what boatyards usually do. R&R parts is all most attempt to do.

I would look for a local RV or trailer or bus conversion shop and have a talk with them.

Many will job out furniture mfg and thats the folks you need to find.

If this is your first design attempt it will pay big dividends to mock up the new interior in 1/4 ply or cardboard .Most folks dont think in 3D , and actual use may change many dimensions.

I found a Click Klack sofa that fit perfectly in the empty space on my boat...the light gray went with the color scheme. The micro fiber after 1.5 year looks terrific and doesn't stain or seem to get dirty. It folds down easy to almost queen size and is more comfy than a futon. It also levers up to reveal storage that is amazing...we have 3 sets normal sheets, 3 sets flannel sheets, a comforter or lighter blankets and winter jackets all stored in there (liveaboards).

I found ours on Amazon but actually bought it locally for a better price. I wanted to see one first and measure exactly (it's amazing it fits to less than an inch and different models gave a little flexibility.

The nice thing for my trawler is I had to buy something that fit through the doors without wrecking it and this did...it came from the factory laid flat and covered in plastic so for me everything fit like a glove and worked perfectly...bet thing of all was it was around $350 and I was expecting to pay as much as 3X that to get what I needed/wanted.

This is similar...the good thing about the no arms is it fit perfectly with the built in end table like features of the boat....so most people think it came with the boat and think it's attractive more so than if it was separate in a living room.

Regata Sofa Bed Naturale Brown - $399.00 : Sofas, Modern Sofa beds, Sectional Sofa, Living room sets, NY

Attachments

• Regata-Sofa-Bed-Naturale-Brown.jpg
    Regata-Sofa-Bed-Naturale-Brown.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom