Burnt Store Marina?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, you could just stay where you are, start using the onboard facilities, and make the occasional trip to Marina Jack or one of the other local marinas for a pumpout. Gotta keep the boat moving on a regular basis anyway to keep gremlins at bay.

I know. I have not moved her since November. Not used to this. Don’t like it!

We recently spent two weeks at Burnt Store Marina so, for what it's worth, I thought I would post about our experience there for anyone who stumbles upon this thread while looking for info on the place. Admittedly, we wound up there because dockage inventory was very tight closer to the area we had hoped to be for that time, a bit further to the south. But for our needs we are so glad they had room for us and it turned out to be the perfect place for us to stay.

Yes, many of the docks are showing their age but we found them to be perfectly acceptable and that is being addressed among other capital improvements now that Safe Harbour is pouring some money into the place. We found the marina itself to have a decidedly charming old-Florida feel despite its location in an enormous, gated community and it has all of the requisite amenities. We found the people who work there to be simply terrific – friendly and helpful and always with a smile. Same for the welcoming resident live-aboard boaters and transients we encountered. We found the power to be excellent and consistent as well as the wifi. Water depths were not an issue with our 5' draft even with the Super Moon tide we experienced - not that we had a ton of water under the boat, but we had enough. There’s a good little fitness center just a short walk away that we used and a nice pool which we did not have a chance to use.

Yes, you need a car to do any shopping outside of their small, onsite store (mostly beer, soda, some wine and snacks) - Publix is ten miles away. We did rent a car one day and Enterprise will pick you up. And we found Cass Cay, the onsite restaurant, to be great for eat-in and takeout – just the right menu for casual waterside dining and every day we were there it had a lot of activity and several nights with live music.

Separate from all of that the rates were some of the best we found in the area.

Forgot to post that the wife and I went to look at Burnt Store a few weeks ago, and it just seemed too big and too out in the middle of that big gated community (which is kind of in the middle of nowhere) to have a good “feel” for us.

We are currently at an interesting little marina behind some condos on Longboat Key, right across from a beautiful beach. When we got back from looking at different marinas we said we can overlook the state of the bathrooms and shower facilities at our current place (really our only complaint).

I think the “grass is greener” scenario got us there for a little bit, that plus I’m always too itchy to move on to something different, sometimes for no apparent reason.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom