Bottom pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ted

Guru
Vessel Name
Okisollo
Eric,
I promised you pictures of the hull out of the water when
I got them.
Here's for your collection.
Cheers
Ted

Attachments

• 100_2245.jpg
    100_2245.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_2246.jpg
    100_2246.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_2247.jpg
    100_2247.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 147
Now that right there is a boat, my friends.

QB
Thanks
I've always liked the lines in your avatar. It looks
like another one that means business.
Ted

Ted, I would think that fantail would give a nice gentle lift in a following sea, my transom is little more than a flat 10ftX17ft sheet of fiberglass and gets pushed along.

It is indeed a very handsome boat. Is the bow cross planking and waterline reinforcement for ice protection I presume?

Capt Kangeroo,
I think it was for anchor abrasion, floating debris and logs, she was a tugboat for
some years.
However you could be right, I did hear she was as far as the Aleutians for the navy,
but for ice I would have expected the gumwood to have followed the waterline all the way aft.
Ted

...but for ice I would have expected the gumwood to have followed the waterline all the way aft.
Ted

On the north coast of BC fresh water floating at the surface near creeks and rivers can freeze during cold snaps. Could be it had to break through 1/2" thick ice for a distance of a couple hundred feet once in a while.

On the north coast of BC fresh water floating at the surface near creeks and rivers can freeze during cold snaps. Could be it had to break through 1/2" thick ice for a distance of a couple hundred feet once in a while.

Possibly, but when I had to do that I found that the ice tended to follow the
hull (cutting??) to the stern.
All ideas are worth considering.
Ted

Ted, I would think that fantail would give a nice gentle lift in a following sea, my transom is little more than a flat 10ftX17ft sheet of fiberglass and gets pushed along.

It is indeed a very handsome boat. Is the bow cross planking and waterline reinforcement for ice protection I presume?

Fantails do have that reputation, this one seems like it will meet that.
Only had a couple of wakes from large seiners passing, SWEET
Ted

She's a beauty - moored down the end of our street in Brentwod Bay for years - keeping the aging Sea Lion company.

Yes, that,s where we were first introduced to her.
Now resides at Brown,s Bay Marina north of Campbell River
Ted

Schweet! She looks slippery too. I took a photo of a Lord Nelson 37 today.....bottom looks very similar.

Thanks Larry,
Yes the lines seem to "flow". They need to get pushed along around 7 1/2 knots
on about 7 1/2 gph. She displaces 75 tons with low fuel and water.
Ted

Super glad your pics arrived. Worth waiting for.

Could put the rudder on the other end, the prop on either and move right along smartly. Just ride a little smoother w the bow ahead. Like your high aspect ratio prop. Looks rather raked as well. I knew a prop repair man that swore by rake.

If the other guys like your boat and pics as I do you've made a good splash.

Now I'm looking fwd to going back to Brown's Bay.

Stunning looking boat under and above the waterline. No wonder there are so many slings needed to support it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom