Boston run

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
Was about 35 mile round trip,ran the boat the hardest shes ever run on the way out,1500 the whole way back,that put my hour meter at exactly 10 hrs since last fuel check,and got 1.6 gph this time,really wanna make it down to Cape cod within the next month and spend the weekend cruising for great whites aug 12 a spotter plane counted 10 different great whites in one hour

Attachments

• IMG_20211_20210830_151659.jpg
    IMG_20211_20210830_151659.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 32
Ahhhh....Birthplace of the American Navy !! I grew up here.
Ah yes! Beverly is but one of the many places that "claim" to be the birthplace.

Nice. I'm close by (Quincy). Boston Harbor has packed this summer.

Ah yes! Beverly is but one of the many places that "claim" to be the birthplace.

It's a running fued between Beverly and Marblehead. In a clever turn of phrase they refer to Beverly as the "Berthplace" of the American Navy. (It was basically a bunch of guys from Marblehead on some boats they docked in Beverly)

Another Beverly alumni...Though long removed spent countless hours plying Beverly harbor out to the Misery's and beyond until I went off to college. Used to do overnights to Cape Cod bay to troll for tuna in the day. Good Memories, hoping to stop off there bringing my new boat home to Maine from her resting stop in NC next spring.

It's a running fued between Beverly and Marblehead. In a clever turn of phrase they refer to Beverly as the "Berthplace" of the American Navy. (It was basically a bunch of guys from Marblehead on some boats they docked in Beverly)

Whaaat? It’s Whitehall NY.

Whaaat? It’s Whitehall NY.
+1 Whitehall
I would think first defensive boat building but some only think of it as formal formation of the Navy so early Continental Army maritime activities are ignored...
Not in my opinion thats how it started so if not birth maybe Whitehall is the "conception" lol

"Not to the people of Whitehall, N.Y., a small town along Lake Champlain and three states due west of the ocean. Under the command of Benedict Arnold, several naval vessels were built in present-day Whitehall in the summer of 1776 and they were later used that year in an important early war battle on the lake.
"We built the ship(s) and you can't sail unless you got one," Jones said.
The U.S. Congress officially declared Whitehall the Navy's birthplace in 1965. Jones said another community can try to wrest away the title, but predicted they'll have the same success as those who've tried to knock down another one of the community's claims to fame: that Bigfoot has been sighted there several times."

Last edited:
When i brought tbe boat up from Rhode island last Halloween i had a spot in Gloucester until april 1 for 1600 bucks with electric included but because of the past year of crazy boat sales couldn't find a spot in Gloucester for a 36 footer,i was even lucky to find a spot here in Beverly but will return to Gloucester for my winter spot in October maybe,the dock was a piece of,and with those crazy nor'Easters my poor old girl took a beating hard,but theres a little marina in Beverly splitting the marina im at now right down the middle and talked with owner and he has a spot from October till April for 45 bucks a foot witb power included also,so my options are open

spend the weekend cruising for great whites aug 12 a spotter plane counted 10 different great whites in one hour

Isn't catching a great white kinda like the dog catching the car? And then do what with it?

Don't plan on fishing for one,just some underwater gopro photos,a nice cruise along the cape,a fun few days,plus still have 220 gallons of fuel id like to get through as much as possible so this winter i can fill her up with a nice fresh batch now my tanks are pretty clean

From my Marblehead days, I recall folks telling me that when Washington crossed the Delaware, the guys (in the famous picture) rowing/navigating etc. were from Marblehead....or so the story goes, making them the first Navy(?)

From my Marblehead days, I recall folks telling me that when Washington crossed the Delaware, the guys (in the famous picture) rowing/navigating etc. were from Marblehead....or so the story goes, making them the first Navy(?)

Nah, since the US Marine Corp was founded at Tun Tavern the year before, those guys were just US Marines form Marblehead making their first amphibious assault. :)

Ever been to the "Washington Crossing" site? You could throw a stone across the Delaware at that point. The famous painting is a gross exaggeration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom