Boatyards along Hudson River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BuoyOBuoy

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Wooly Bully
Vessel Make
Albin 33
This is a question that may have been asked numerous times but I can't find the thread.
I am trucking my 34' Albin from Florida to somewhere along the Hudson or Eire Canal and am looking for a small self help working boatyard where I can do some minor repairs before launch and continuing north into the Great Lakes.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Just a suggestion will help and I will contact them.
Appreciated.

Pirates Cove is right at 3 Rivers where the Oswego heads N to Lk Ont. I havent stored there but have done transient. If of intetest I'd check about DIY work. The couple that runs it are very accommodating and pool is a welcome relief when hot. They would not be too far off I81.

The other possibility that comes to mind near the Albany end of canal is Schenectady Yacht Club. They also have been very accommodating to transients and also have a pool. Just above the flight of locks at Waterford.

Do you have a transporter lined up?

Last edited:
Along the Erie Canal, talk to the big yards in Brewerton. Brewerton Boatyard, Ess-Kay, and Winter Harbor are all pretty big facilities and have a good shot at being able to accommodate. I know there are a couple of yards on the upper Hudson as well, but I can't remember the names off hand.

I had my boat ashore for a few months at Rondeau Yacht Basin in Kingston.

Roundout Yacht Basin in Kingston - we wintered there a few times and they are fine with DIY and also have paint and mechanical services available if you should need them.

I've enjoyed the time I've spent at Coeymans Landing Marina on the Hudson. They have a pretty decent service department, and a couple of acres of dry storage. I'm pretty sure you can DIY there, but you might want to double check.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom