Boating Book Recommendations for Local Library

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Aubrey/Maturin Novels by Patrick O'Brien. The Recorded Book version of these 22 novels (read by Patrick Tull) is superb.
------------------------------------------------------------------

0o0oo0 that's good to know! It's been ages since I read those, I wouldn't mind having someone fill my ears with that saga again, and my stack of romance novels will get old at some point I'm sure, lolz.

Also, on a somewhat related note, I just happened to stumble on something called the Chamblin Book Mine just up the street from my marina in Jax.

I had to leave before I bought an entire shipping container of books. I spent an hour just perusing the 'salty sea story' section. I literally bought 15 books, many of which I'd tried to find years ago, but had been all but forgotten by the internet. I picked up everything from autobiographies and memoirs written by captains of famous ocean liners, to the story of the Fastnet Race disaster, to Francis Chichester's account of Gypsy Moth's circumnavigation. I've got a stack up to my knees to get through, and I'm chuffed to bits.

I'm starting off with 'The Sway of the Grand Salon' which is a compilation of history about the human side of crossing oceans as a passenger. Less focused on the ships and their technical aspects, and more yarns about what it was like to be a person aboard.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Apologies for the thread hijack.

I enjoy reading ocean survival stories of boaters. There are some really good ones out there, and I am sure people on here have read many of them.

Half way through this book. It’s excellent.

Attachments

• DEC0FC51-4B4E-44E3-BDFE-77F372CB09E6.jpg
    DEC0FC51-4B4E-44E3-BDFE-77F372CB09E6.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom