Boating alone.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does cruising with only a cat for company count as solo?

Do you and the cat talk about what you see, carry on nice conversations, share the experience? If so, yes.

And I'll bet the cat knows you and your moods better than most humans are capable.

Does cruising with only a cat for company count as solo?
Does a cat, cruising with a human for company, count as cruising solo?

FWIW, sailing with a cat could be considered sailing solo, or not, as the cat decides.

Going away for two or three nights on your own is one of the great pleasures of the world.

All you need is a good supply of books,some nice wine and your favourite music. With so much going on, it's a circuit breaker to the world.

It definitely helps to have a secluded cruising area to enjoy it all in. One of the great joys is to wake up in a bay with not a living soul around, no boats ,no people and no phones.Maybe just the odd Garfish or two.

When I had a small boat and had days off that didn't match my wife's days off I would often boat alone. Of course it was an 18' boat and just day trips.

I don't think I would enjoy boating alone now, at least on my trawler for days at a time. I really don't know what I would do if she was gone or couldn't boat. It's something I hope I never have to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom