Boat names that just have to be shared.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
57’ Riviera fully tricked out name- Crime Pays

Figured defense lawyer

A couple years ago a Good Samaritan helped my friend navigate a narrow and poorly marked cut near Boca Grande FL that we had no business traversing.

A retired physician, his boat was named "No Patients"

Turns out not only do boaters have different tastes in boats, they also have varying senses of humor. (or lack of sense of humor)

Some friends who always towed their dinghy named it "My Tender Behind."

I always wanted to know the story behind the name of a 25' boat named "Plan B."

--Peggie

Last edited:
While taking a lesurely swim out too seveal moored boats in a Maltese bay First Mate and I saw two people aboard a small British registered powerboat named " On the Fiddle "

The woman was reading on the foredeck, the guy drinking a beer in the cockpit.

As we slowly swam by I called to him " Violinist or tax evader? "

He replied, in broadest Cockney " Work it ahrt fer yerself mate! "

So I did.................:lol:

Last edited:
Just saw this one and thought it was funny: "Dirty Old Oar"

When berthed in Port Solent Marina in Portsmouth Harbour we had a berth neighbour with a Fairline 38 named 'DILLIGAF'. They told us it was called that when they bought it.

I asked if they knew what the acronim meant - they said they did not.

After I filled them in, Shelley, the lovely lady of the partnership was quite shocked. Graham, on the other hand thought it a great joke.

They have now sold it but it remains in the Solent and under the same name.

on the rocks.jpg

I saw a tidy little Grand Banks 32 today, and she's got one of the most perfectly chosen names I can remember seeing. She's called Baby Grand.

I was alone on the dock, but I tried to start a slow-clap anyway.

I saw a tidy little Grand Banks 32 today, and she's got one of the most perfectly chosen names I can remember seeing. She's called Baby Grand.

I was alone on the dock, but I tried to start a slow-clap anyway.

There's a Baby Grand around here too, although the name isn't quite as appropriate, as it's on a Grand Banks 46 Classic.

There are a lot of Grand Banks named with Grand as part of the name, mostly pretty good. Glad to see you back here. Going places or modifying the boat?

Dilligaf

People either know that one or they don’t. I learned it as a kid working at a local marina. There it was preceded by “LIME”. Look into my eyes, Dilligaf.

There are a lot of Grand Banks named with Grand as part of the name, mostly pretty good. Glad to see you back here. Going places or modifying the boat?

It's good to be back :) I'm still in Jax, just finished up some boat improvement projects, and will be starting a cruise soon. I'm working on an update post. Stay tuned!

It's good to be back :) I'm still in Jax, just finished up some boat improvement projects, and will be starting a cruise soon. I'm working on an update post. Stay tuned!

Am tewnt!

Back in my sailing days, we raced aginst a 35' boat named Paradox. Owned by 2 MD's

There are several models of a now discontinued sturdy long keel designed for(slow) JOG racing sailboat branded "TopHat". Various pun names were generated, like "And Tails".

Rewriting...

In my first destroyer squadron there was a ship named USS Brinkley Bass (DD 887), and there being a bit of friendly rivalry between my ship and the Bass, the boys one dark night in Long Beach paddled over there with apot of gray paint to "erase" her Bs.

About time, looking forward to some more of your excellent posts.

This was a sport fishing charter boat I used to regularly see out in the salmon spots here. Oddly enough I never got around to finding out what happened- just found it on the beach near town like this one day.

9F003B4E-BB95-4A8A-B2B1-22F1501F509E.jpg

The obliterated part of the name is- ‘Strike’. :(

Apparently too tempting for the gods to resist...

Back
Top Bottom