Boat Dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't have a boat dog.....we have a dog boat!!!!

This is Monte!

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 73
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 77
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 69
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 75
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 80
  • d6.jpg
    d6.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 74
Paul,
So sorry to hear about your loss of your dog- very sad.

Paul:

We had a wonderful black Lab that we had to put down a couple of years ago.

I still think about how great that dog was.

My heart goes out to you and I share your pain.

Walt

swampu wrote:
Great post guys, I just lost my lab today. She got run over about 4 hours ago... Great thread though, it helps to see all the other dogs doing there dog things.
*Just saw your post, Paul.* It must have been like a kick in the gut to you.* A good dog is like a member of the family.* So sorry to hear it.

Paul,

How sad to hear about your dog. *My famiiy dog was A Golden Retriever. * She was still a pup when I bought my Trojan cruiser before the trawler. *She probably loved riding in the boat more than I did. *We named the boat Mississippi Molly after her. *She passed away a little over ten years ago. *I still miss her. *And I bet if I looked, I could still find dog hair somewhere on the old boat.

Paul,

So sorry to hear about your dog.* It is a great loss I'm sure.* One day when the time is right you will find a pup that speaks to you and you will give that*dog a new home. The new dog will not replace this dog but will augment your life just like*this dog*did.* They are all special and unique*in their own way no matter how many you raise or have.

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I don't want to drag this thread down so thank you all and she will be resting in peace under a fine oak tree and she was well loved. thanks again, now lets get back to pictures of our friends.

Interesting that the percentage seems stuck around 60/40 with dogs aboard.

Based on my personal observations around PNW I would have guessed it would have *been *closer to 80/20

weebobby wrote:
Based on my personal observations around PNW I would have guessed it would have *been *closer to 80/20
This was on the news the other day.* In Seattle, pets outnumber children by a huge margin (I forget what it was exactly but it was something like 3 or 5 to 1.)

Which just goes to show that there is a high percentage of smart people in Seattle.

Looks like Seattle is going to the dogs!
biggrin.gif

This is not dog related but I love it!

Attachments

• grizzly.jpg
    grizzly.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 70
Dog related photos.

Attachments

• hugging dog.jpg
    hugging dog.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 87
  • jeff.jpg
    jeff.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 74
Marin wrote:weebobby wrote:
This was on the news the other day.* In Seattle, pets outnumber children by a huge margin (I forget what it was exactly but it was something like 3 or 5 to 1.)

Which just goes to show that there is a high percentage of smart people in Seattle.

Just goes to show that there is a high percenage of smart pets who have learned how to train people into providing them with the good life. Room and board, treats, travel, health care, yachts, etc.

download.spark

-- Edited by dwhatty on Monday 19th of December 2011 11:09:26 AM

Grimmy says to Atilla the cat, "Man is not dog's best friend. *Your best friend will not have you 'fixed'".

dwhatty wrote:
download.spark

*Hey let's be careful here.* That is what happens at my house.* Except it is me staying at home and my wife leaving for work.**But I'm allowed on the furniture though.* Hope my wife doesn't see this.

dwhatty wrote:
Just goes to show that there is a high percentage of smart pets who have learned how to train people into providing them with the good life. Room and board, treats, travel, health care, yachts, etc. _____________________________________________________

Substitute "smart pets" with the word "government" and that pretty much sums up my view.

(Sorry, Dave but I just couldn't resist.)
biggrin.gif

'Bella , the boat dog is the first dog I've owned.* I've always preferred cats because of their extremely low maintenance requirements.*

But I have to say I'm pretty much blown away by how much 'Bella has insinuated herself into and become a part of our lives.* I can't imagine not having her around.* We humans are so easy sometimes!*
biggrin.gif

BaltimoreLurker wrote:
* I've always preferred cats
*Cats are beautiful animals. The* problems I have with them is they scratch around in those litter box things and then jump on your counters. The other thing is that people let them run loose killing small song birds.

*They can't help it they have to kill things.

I really love wild song birds.*The music of nature.

SD

skipperdude wrote:
I really love wild song birds.*The music of nature.
Ditto.* And cats don't do anything.* We've had cats and liked them but no more.* They aren't the fun companions that dogs are.* Lots of people think cats are smarter than dogs.* They aren't, not by a long shot.* But what cats have learned is that you can do nothing and nobody will suspect that you're stupid, or you can do stuff and prove that you are.* So cats do nothing.

Atilla the cat asked Grimmy if he had met the new dog next door. *Grimmy replied, "yes". *Atilla asks, "what is his name". *Grimmy replied, "his name is Jack Russel, but they call him Down Boy".

Thor on his first dinghy ride with the kids.......

-- Edited by rochepoint on Monday 19th of December 2011 09:44:54 PM

Attachments

• thor.jpg
    thor.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 73
Luna has made two trips from Chicago to the West Coast on a motorcycle. We also did an Iron Butt run (1100 miles in 21 hours).

She's adapted quite well to being a full-time live-aboard dog.

Mostly, she hates to be left behind.

Attachments

• luna - jw phone.jpg
    luna - jw phone.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 285
Our "boat dog" Pan Pan.

Attachments

• img_1660.jpg
    img_1660.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 70
A day in the life of Baz the boat dog.A swim, lunch and a nap.

Attachments

• img_0202.png
    img_0202.png
    597.3 KB · Views: 76
  • img_0123.jpg
    img_0123.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 73
  • img_0107.jpg
    img_0107.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 82
  • img_0103.jpg
    img_0103.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 72
Thanks Vinny! That was amazing.

Moxie Molly....our 5 lb Toy Fox Terrier....who thinks she is a Rotty!

She's almost 17 years old now!

img_69386_0_3ddbfeaf6214f95cec2ea54905bca24a.jpg

Russell on the left, and Catfish on the right.*

Boykin Spaniels, the South Carolina state dog for those of you who don't know what that is.* Duck Dogs and they love the water.* And dolphins.

Both spent 2 months on board recently and they did great.* Very adaptable pets and they did fine except when the seas got rough.

Attachments

• dscf3835.jpg
    dscf3835.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom