Boat deliveries between Canada and US occurring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Custom's Officers have a lot of power, and don't take kindly to anyone not following the rules. Oh, and you are supposed to know the rules, not knowing is not an excuse.
Bottom line here is, Alan did his homework and with the help of professionals (non-TFers, likely) got LEOs on both sides onboard.

I'd bet the question of re-entry was already decided and documented before they left.

We're not giving Alan and his crew, credit for thinking at a higher level than the average social media addict.

Sorry if I was not clear, my last comment were directed to others, not Alan, and were meant more in general terms! In particular the discussion about the Bahamas. Don't boat there, so don't know the rules. Just advising caution.
But thanks for trying to keep us all on track.

Alan got professional advice and they communicated with authorities on both sides and got clearance to do things the way they did. That's all good.

What we're trying to say is that the advice and clearance they received was for a very specific situation, the sale of a boat and delivery of that sold boat, title transferring upon delivery. However, no one should assume the same process will work for any other circumstances. That's a common danger to say "I heard Alan did this so I can" but that works only if identical circumstances and only dealing with the same people. You see this every day in people going to a tax accountant and saying "Joe's accountant did this for him" when the rules that applied to Joe do not apply to the person walking in.

So, take that this is possible under certain circumstances and if you have circumstances you want checked, then I'd start with some of the same people.

There is understandably a lot of confusion over this topic and since I only know one side of it (as an import buyer of a just delivered to US boat) I cant address all questions. There is however one aspect that I think is possibly being overlooked by some.

This was an import not a recreational arrival. Importation of goods, in this case a boat, is a commercial activity. Recreational activities across the border are currently closed, but trucks and boats are crossing the border every day for commerce. Those truck/boat drivers are not quarantined on either side. Possibly this is clarification for those concerned that some rule is being waived or favorably interpreted.

Nicely done on all counts.
Now the Reality TV border guard crowd can move on to drunk droning regulations.

For anyone with remaining questions I would refer them to the link below. I came across this webinar this morning on the Bayliner Owners Club site. It is worth watching. It includes folks from Wagonners Guide, Victoria Marina officials, and Canadian Border Patrol representative.
https://www.openforboating.com/sbslive

"Now the Reality TV border guard crowd can move on to drunk droning regulations."
Was this really necessary and in any way productive?? :)

Back
Top Bottom