1987*CHB 42' Ponderosa Tri-Cabin
When I take ownership of the boat above, (and photos below) I'll need to keep it clean.
Note, I could ask the marina store, but they'd just point me to the cleaning aisle. And hey, you're the pros. Plus all the YouTube cleaning tips are for small ski type boats.
What do you think, cuting and pasting this?
And no yelling at me, we're simply cleaning here. If anyone wants to point me to a post about cleaning, please do.
1. What do I clean my interior wood with, wood walls, wood cabinets, wood doors? There's a ton of interior wood on this boat.
I think it's all the same type of wood. Just water?
2. At the moment, no smells. Do I need to flush anything down the toilet to keep it smelling clean, (and or clean the brown water tank).*
2A. Does the poo tank work like a septic tank and break down the poo and toilet paper?
2B. What type of toilet paper should I use?
2C. How do I know when my poo tanks full?
2E. Do most all marina's have someone that sucks out your poo? How often do you need it emptied? How much does it cost to empty it?
3. BUGs! Bugs love wood, (moisture ants ate my house once). Do I need to spray for bugs regularly. Do you ever use Indoor bug foggers?
3A. Are there mice and rats like in the pirate movies? What do you do?
4. Water in the hull, (that the bilge pump clears). Do mosquitoes, mold, moss or bad smells ever come from it? Would tossing a few chlorine "pool" tablets in there hurt anything? Or, don't worry about it?
5. Once a year I was told to clean the outside teak deck. What should I use? Simple green?
6. My outside Fiberglass or plastic white decks and walls? What do I clean, protect and polish it with?
6A.*Wouldn't it be easier if I wash it in the rain and just let the rain rinse it off?
6B. Does the marina let you wash your boat?
6C. Does anyone here pay for a boat washer every month or so? How much should I expect to pay, (just wash)? Can someone recommend anyone in the Seattle area.
7. I won't be using the sink much. But if it clogs can I use draino?
8. Chrome cleaning / polishing ? Can I use "semichrome" or, "Never Dull" like my motorcycles chrome? What do you use?
9. Bird poos on my blue bemini. What do I use to clean it and protect it from fading? Are there any tools to help you reach and clean the top with, broom...
10. At the moment, my boat dosen't have that "boat" smell that I walked right out of while boat shopping. How do I keep it "fresh" smelling?
10A. Does anyone use a damp rid product? It's costly what do you recommend?
11. I plan on having a "boat" wood expert show me how to lightly sand and re-stain my outdoor wood the first time. Then do it on my own yearly. Is this a good idea?
11A. Are there any wood Experts you can recommend in Seattle?
12. Do you WD-40 anything regularly?
13. Have you ever gotten bed bugs? If so should I just sell the boat
14. What type of dishwashing, hand soap, shampoo do you use? One that's ok for the environment in my marina?
15. What do I use to clean my wood floors with?
16. What's your favorite rechargeable vacuum for my carpets and general cleaning?
17. What's that winter heating thing I see in all boats? Looks like a flying saucer. What it called and how many do I need for my 42 footer? Run it all the time or just when it's cold?
18. What are the pads that soak up oil and crud called?
19. Do you use rain-x on your windows?
20. If in the Seattle area, where's a good "marina" or market to buy these cleaning supplies? Or maybe a Trailer / Winnebago store? Do you buy your items on Amazon, (like maybe a boat cleaning kit)?
21. Any additional cleaning tricks or tips?*
22. Any Books or YouTube videos that you can recommend on cleaning a boat.
23. How do I clean and protect my outdoor vinyl seats.
24. There appears to be salt crystals that easily brush off my hull. Do I need to clean these off? How?
25. DOG! My dog is 100% potty trained. But Popcorns getting old. If needed do you use training pads on the outside of your boat? Any suggestions for boats and my dog, (I know it's a separate topic).