Boat AC won’t active water cooling pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
I have a fairly new (2 year old) AC unit I installed with the help of an electrician. It’s an Ocean Breeze unit that’s made in Stuart Fl.

The unit got turned on when I was away from the boat without my knowledge by a guy who was looking after the boat for me. I never run the ACs when away because I’m scared a water line will break. He turned it on dehumidifier mode, and when I got to the boat it had an overheat error which usually means the strainer is clogged with crap. Checked the strainer and removed some crap, but the AC will still not activate the pump. I know the pump works because another AC unit I have works fine and activates the pump.

Is there an easy fix for this? I’ve called Ocean Breeze for help but no luck yet.

If you have multiple a/c units served by 1 pump, then you have a pump control relay. each unit sends a signal out telling the pump to run. these signal wires go tothe pump control relay (circuit board) that then controls thr pump. Follow the pump wires back to the relay board. the board should have signal wires from each a/c. check if there is power on the wires from the affected a/c when it is running. If the board gets the signal but does not run the pump= defective board. If no signal, then the problem lies within the a/c or wiring. if wiring is ok, may need a new control board for the a/c. Some pump control boards have multiple inputs, if you have an open input, you may be able swap the signal wire to that input.

If you have multiple a/c units served by 1 pump, then you have a pump control relay. each unit sends a signal out telling the pump to run. these signal wires go tothe pump control relay (circuit board) that then controls thr pump. Follow the pump wires back to the relay board. the board should have signal wires from each a/c. check if there is power on the wires from the affected a/c when it is running. If the board gets the signal but does not run the pump= defective board. If no signal, then the problem lies within the a/c or wiring. if wiring is ok, may need a new control board for the a/c. Some pump control boards have multiple inputs, if you have an open input, you may be able swap the signal wire to that input.

Awesome. Thanks for that info. Will check that out when I get back to the boat. If it’s the board hopefully that’s a replaceable item.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom