To preface, my boat is still on the hard at this time.
I have a three bank 40 Amp Xantrex battery charger for my two engines and generator. I have two group 27 in parallel for each diesel and a group 31 for my genny.
Yesterday, I hooked up my shore power cord to my Honda 2000 generator, turned on my AC power, turned on the battery charger breaker and almost instantly, one of the indicator lights went out. I dropped into the engine room after shutting off the battery charger breaker. I looked at each fuse in the + wire from the charger to the battery banks and found that one of the fuses blew
The wires and contacts were extremely hot.
These are a 50 amp fuses.
What gives? I have never had an issue like this before. I was running the Honda Generator though my normal shore power inlet, which also goes through a double pole breaker and Isolation Transformer. I have attached a pic of the inline fuse