Blogspot or FB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Blog DO You Use?

• Facebook

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Blogspot

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can only be on FB at 13yo if you lie about your age. And no one lies about anything on FB, do they?:whistling:

Wifey B: Snapchat is a playground....:D

At 13, my only computer use was at school and we were blocked out of using anything fun. Instead of being online we were outside getting into trouble. :blush:

At 13 I had no idea what a computer was. When they came out with the calculator you were not allowed to bring it to school as it was seen as cheating......:facepalm:

At 13 I had no idea what a computer was. When they came out with the calculator you were not allowed to bring it to school as it was seen as cheating......:facepalm:

Well, I did use a computer at 13 but calculators are something I do have an issue with, as they're sure led to what I feel is a reduction in basic math skills. I'm glad I wasn't allowed to use them when young. Even in college we were required for one project to do huge spreadsheets on paper and with no calculator.

Of course if math wasn't so simple for me, then I might not feel the same way.

You can only be on FB at 13yo if you lie about your age. And no one lies about anything on FB, do they?:whistling:

Wifey B: And, of course we all know a good girl like me never ever ever lied about her age. :angel: Or had fake id's. :angel: Or any of that other stuff. :angel:

Personally, IF I were a FB user, and IF I wasn't worried about people knowing I was out of town for a long time, I'd put an occasional post on there, maybe every day or two, for those who are genuinely interested but not enough to read a blow-by-blow blog. Then I'd use some other medium, BlogSpot would work, for those who want to know all the gory details.

For my Downeast Loop trip, I set up a quick web site using a $1.99 domain name and the free WordPress software that was available with my existing hosting plan. I added my route using Google Maps and a live plot from my InReach locator. Now I can add pages, or blog entries if you prefer, as I travel. When I'm done it'll all be in one place. Works for me, but of course others are going to have a different approach.

I had a thought about those who are concerned about mentioning on FB that you are out cruising instead of at home protecting your house...

Do you have AIS? If someone knew enough about you to keep track of when you are out, they could easily see where your AIS signal is popping up?

Back
Top Bottom