Black water tank overboard pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cosmo

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Shear Bliss
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 44
Currently have a Jabsco 59090 diaphragm ‘self priming ‘ pump. I have never been real impressed with this pump in the rare times it has been used. It never seemed to prime itself without a lot of run time. Last week I replaced the diaphragm and now it won’t prime at all. I should add, my tank is clean with fresh water in it and just doing pump maintenance.

Is there a way to keep it primed/get it primed or perhaps a stronger-self priming diaphragm pump?

Thanks

Maybe...2”?

Currently have a Jabsco 59090 diaphragm ‘self priming ‘ pump. I have never been real impressed with this pump in the rare times it has been used. It never seemed to prime itself without a lot of run time. Last week I replaced the diaphragm and now it won’t prime at all. I should add, my tank is clean with fresh water in it and just doing pump maintenance.

Is there a way to keep it primed/get it primed or perhaps a stronger-self priming diaphragm pump?

Thanks

It used to prime, you changed the diaphragm and now it won’t prime. I would go back and make sure the diaphragm is installed correctly or isn’t damaged. When you change a part and the problem goes off in a new direction I always go back and make sure I didn’t inject a new problem. Good luck.

I used to work with industrial pumps of all sorts....
I don't know that pump...but for a diaphragm pump, seems like a check valve issue to me.

Back
Top Bottom