Bid On Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have spent some time on one of these and well remember having to balance on those danged batteries between two hot Cat 3208s trying not to burn myself. Thank goodness you have the narrower Cummins sixes. On the boat I was in, there was NO clearance under the Racor filters, and draining them required that the effluent run into the bilge. The tanks were top draw which I personally hate for their potential for loss of lose suction for a variety of reasons. I am definitely not a fan of the lack of easy access to the stern line chocks and cleats when mooring an unmooring.

Survey

We did survey on the boat yesterday and after talking to the surveyor, the boat is in really good condition considering the age.

Needs some service issues like A/C Repair, has bare bones electronics, some rusted A/C Clamps, swim platform needs a new board, wrong hoses on one engine and the propane tanks need to be relocated.

Looks like a go.

I think you are going to be very happy with that layout. I bet if you keep her light you can run around at 16 kts and only burn 1.5 gallons a mile.

Speed

I think you are going to be very happy with that layout. I bet if you keep her light you can run around at 16 kts and only burn 1.5 gallons a mile.

Thanks for comments.
Max out during survey was at 16 knots.

Glad the survey went well. Good luck going forward.

Back
Top Bottom