Best photos of your boat underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10.5 K cruising speed ---- Pacific Northwest

showphoto.aspx

SEA Q (MMSI: 316010861) Ship Photos - AIS Marine Traffic

Last edited by a moderator:
7 knots, off Key West, FL.

Attachments

• Liberty_key_west.jpg
    Liberty_key_west.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 115
This isnt me, but I had to post it.

1: just how long is that selfie stick???

2: Is that a rock that he's barely missing under the water??? (just aft of midship)

$_1.JPG

about 6.5 knots

Attachments

• Desol 09 (135).jpg
    Desol 09 (135).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Desol 09 (136).jpg
    Desol 09 (136).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Desol 09 (137).jpg
    Desol 09 (137).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Desol 09 (138).jpg
    Desol 09 (138).jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 90

2: Is that a rock that he's barely missing under the water??? (just aft of midship)

$_1.JPG

1) It's probably a boat pole.

2) Looks like a shadow to me.

Yeah they sent me 40 water marked pictures for free then sent the prices, I about **** myself. Ain't no way in hell I was paying 500 bucks for one photo. I'd be ahead if I went and bought a drone that takes 4k video. They can shove it.
Here are a couple more
View attachment 40752
View attachment 40753

My mom's husband worked in an office at the house. One day a guy shows up at the door with an 8x10 framed photo of the house from the air. Bob said wow, that's pretty cool. The guys said he could have it for $400. Bob said nope, not at that price. So the guy hemmed and hawed and said OK, I'll sell it to you for $250. Bob said I'll give you $40.

That picture was on the wall for years...

My mom's husband worked in an office at the house. One day a guy shows up at the door with an 8x10 framed photo of the house from the air. Bob said wow, that's pretty cool. The guys said he could have it for $400. Bob said nope, not at that price. So the guy hemmed and hawed and said OK, I'll sell it to you for $250. Bob said I'll give you $40.

That picture was on the wall for years...

Lamfo! There you go!

Our PNW cruiser.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Rounding South East Cape,Tasmania.
One of the Five Great Capes,only four to go:)

Attachments

• DSC00081.jpg
    DSC00081.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00087.jpg
    DSC00087.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Port ext fwd view.jpg
    Port ext fwd view.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Stern stb side.jpg
    Stern stb side.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 92
10115-albums347-picture2037.jpg

About to go under the Golden Gate Bridge on my trip home from Alaska. Speed - not sure, but less than 30kt.

Richard
Stillwater
KK54 #5

$_1.JPG

It's a red neck drone. Just needs a little Photoshop for the finishing touches.

9.3 kts. with the current..almost broke out the water skis...

Attachments

• CARETTA.STUART FL.25.jpg
    CARETTA.STUART FL.25.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 81
Heading for the Bass Harbor Bar at 7 knots summer 2014.
tortuga_summer_2014.jpg

not my boat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 84
Heading out fishing...

Attachments

• puffin_underway.jpg
    puffin_underway.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 93
Heading out fishing...
I love all photographs taken at this particular angle. (If possible!) The information that one gets from this shot is amazing!

Willy in Thorne Bay .. probably at 7 knots or a tad less.

I like this picture mostly as it shows the water flowing around the hull in a well defined full displacement mode. The water coming back up under the stern is perhaps helping her forward progress still flowing .. not thrashing. Inbetween the bow and stern it can be seen that the WL is lower than static because of the inertia of the bow wave.

This is w our first dinghy that is a converted sailboat. It has a darth of directional stability when rowing so one must pay attention. Of course as a sailboat there was a rudder that took care of directional stability. Little yellow is great w an OB at 7 knots and a bit more w her SD hull.

Have very few pictures of Willy underway. I've thought about it in the past and think it would be difficult to find a place where one can take a picture where the wake wouldn't cause problems. Most good photo taking spots are where wakes aren't very welcome.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 424 copy 5.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 424 copy 5.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 69
Boomarang at it's 'flank speed' of 7 kts. Autopilot, please be so kind as to wake me when we arrive . . . . . :rofl:

Attachments

• Underway_1.jpg
    Underway_1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 88
Magic in Georgia

Magic cruising south through the AICW in Georgia. She's showing a bit of ICW mustache.

Attachments

• Cruising GA 2015.jpg
    Cruising GA 2015.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 77
I only have a couple but I like this one.
Like the avatar a bit better
Ted

Attachments

• Okisollo.jpg
    Okisollo.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 87
I only have a couple but I like this one.
Like the avatar a bit better
Ted

This is one of my favorite boats on this forum. She's magnificent, Ted.

5 years on and the only photos I have of Tonic underway are from the day I took delivery and brought her from Port Townsend to our end-tie slip inside the Seattle locks. This was on a beautiful March day in 2010. My "crew" includes my father-in-law, the broker and the PO. Photos taken by the Admiral from various locations as we came in.

They say the two happiest days of your boating life are when you buy and when you sell a boat. Two of us aboard that day were experiencing one of those. The PO's were a very nice young couple having employment difficulties which prompted the sale of the boat they had obviously loved and taken such good care of. The young man was a good sport, eager to pass on his knowledge of the boat during the trip, but I'm doubtful it was that happy a day for him. For me...yes.

Attachments

• Day001-3-23-2010 037x.jpg
    Day001-3-23-2010 037x.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Day001-3-23-2010 056x.jpg
    Day001-3-23-2010 056x.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Day001-3-23-2010 076x.jpg
    Day001-3-23-2010 076x.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Back