Best Engine room access

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone give me some advice on which vessel has good engine room access, room to move around. We are looking at the following MY all with aft cabins. Hatteras 43, 48, 53. Viking 44, Californian 42, 45, 48. All in the early 80's to early 90's. Thanks!

Welcome aboard. Some of those boats will have good access and some will have great access. I think pretty much all of them will have decent access, but what is decent to me may be terrible for you…

Hatt 58LRC has the best I've seen. Walk-around both engines and over 6ft head clearance. If you're looking at a 53 it's only a few feet longer.

Can anyone give me some advice on which vessel has good engine room access, room to move around. We are looking at the following MY all with aft cabins. Hatteras 43, 48, 53. Viking 44, Californian 42, 45, 48. All in the early 80's to early 90's. Thanks!

Don't know those boats but for getting around an engine room, strike off anything with a V engine configuration.

-Chris

Don't know those boats but for getting around an engine room, strike off anything with a V engine configuration.

-Chris

So many choices!
I was in a 42 Californian with 3208 Cats, lots of clearance over the engines, since those are wide engines, not so much beside.
You need to see the ER to know what clearances are. No blanket statement about access will cover all ERs.
My own depends on removing the saloon floors. Once done, there is ~7' of clearance above, and to access the outside of the engines is not difficult.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom