Best Customer Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ranger tugs seems to support their boats over 10. Garmin electronics stops after 5 years.

I would disagree with that comment . I have a 2018 R 27 Ranger tug with problems the factory will not address . ABYC electrical infractions , hull issues and compliance labels that are not Transport Canada approved .

Warranty does not apply because they don't let the 2 nd owner transfer the warranty . The warranty info is also hard to find ( don't confuse with Ranger Bass Boats ) .

As well , even though I followed the '' rules of use '' on the factory forum , TUGNUTS , I was kicked off the site by asking the outcome of a fellow Ranger owner JFRANO , that had a similar hull crack that was not from hitting anything . My question was deleted ( some others posts also ) and kicked off the site in less than an hour .
The post explaining '' my departure '' from the site , Oct 2, 2020 '' TUGNUT 1 " by VP Jeff Messmer . He said '' If you don't have anything nice to say ... then go somewhere else '' . As a second time Ranger Tug owner , I find their motto " your part of the family '' hard to swallow . I feel more like I've been banished from the village .....

Honestly, very little need for customer support for a boat. All of the components are third party. The boat manufacturer manufactures the hull and the deck, then marries them together. They then install all 3rd party components.

That's not actually true for our boat. It was made at time when the manufacturers made a lot of the parts themselves. Bertram, Hatteras, and Chris Craft all did that back then. If they needed a particular casting, for a chock or cleat, or fitting, or part, they just made it themselves, or had it made special for them.

A company called High Tide Marine bought all the Bertram NOS, and every classic Bertram owner knows that they are the only source for a lot of original stuff on Bertrams from that era (and, they know it too, from their prices!)

These days, brand new boats, yes, it's all off the shelf stuff.

I'd consider that a positive for newer boats.

Hard to answer the OP as many boat manufacturers aren't still in business 10+ years later or are close enough to the original company to have accurate records if they had them at all.

Back
Top Bottom