Beautiful Picnic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbum29

Guru
Don't recognize the name of MJM. It's really a nice looking boat.

ForumRunner_20131109_120458.jpg

they have taken a whole different course to a nice boat. Light, innovative in some ways. Nice and very expensive.

Home

A friend of my wife's took possession of one of these last year.
36990.jpg

God knows why you would pay $2.5 mill for what to them is a day boat for drinking champers on while tooling up the river at 10 -12 knots.

We've been out on it a few times and its nice, but as a day/pose boat I would rather something like this and $2.2 million in my pocket as walk around money for running it
bd5360581712762772206.jpg

Parmenter,
Pic 1, ? Palm Beach 50, high quality built, in Oz. Photo backdrop Sydney.
Pic 2 ? Halvorsen, ??? "Meggsie".

36990.jpg

God knows why you would pay $2.5 mill for what to them is a day boat for drinking champers on while tooling up the river at 10 -12 knots.

We've been out on it a few times and its nice, but as a day/pose boat I would rather something like this and $2.2 million in my pocket as walk around money for running it

I hope your friends don't read this post. :lol:

Couldn't agree more though.

36990.jpg

Can't argue with that! Nice, very nice.

Wow, these are expensive. Makes my sanpan look like a Yugo. But then again, I'd still have $2.5 left.

;)

Funny thing the owner has it tied up with just 2 dock lines...

I've seen a lot of adds for MJMs. Must have been on PMM.

One thing I LOVE about the boat pictured is it's lack of the usual forrest of "stuff" aloft. Long and low and most likely lean. Head winds cross winds ... who cares .. no problem. Low weight and low CG I'm sure.

Mark, this boat don't need no stink'in FB either.

Parmenter,
Pic 1, ? Palm Beach 50, high quality built, in Oz.
High quality build compared to what?
That Australian money buys a fleet of similar vessels in other parts of the globe
Pic 2 ? Halvorsen, ??? "Meggsie".
It is a Hal, not sure of name.

We feel that way about those boats because we don't have that kind of money!!!!

Every boat needs a flybridge...

;)

No thanks. I've had more than my share of sunrays due to backpacking above timberline and sailing in an open cockpit. And I also appreciate being close to the center of a boat's side-to-side rocking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom