Old 10-25-2017, 05:06 PM   #61
Guru

City: Stuart FL
Vessel Name: Lucky Lucky
Vessel Model: Pacific Mariner 65
My Weber Q is 6 years old. Replaced the grate and cover after 5 years and it's still going strong.
hmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #62
Guru

City: kemah
I have tons of room on my flybridge so I added a pellet grill.

It is awesome.
what_barnacles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #63
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
We had the largest, dual burner Magma mounted outboard on our flying bridge, an with age it too developed the flame-going-out problem. It was quite exposed and had a lot of use over 5 years, several times a week. Anyway, I was going to make a winter project of rebuilding it; in the meantime we bought Weber Q at Lowes one size up from the Baby, with a thermometer on the front. A dock neighbor had one on his Defever; he had bolted it to a piece of starboard then had that in turn bolted to some Magna rail mounts. He really touted me on it, and I had read good reviews on another boating forum. We never have got around to rebuilding the Magma, the parts come to about what I paid for the Q.

The Q is a simply great grill, stands up well to wind, very adjustable, etc etc. Note that Weber explicitly says it is not for RV or boat use. I am not sure why they say that other than perhaps the mounting issue. Highly recommended.
I will note that we are still using this same grill regularly, like someone else did we have replaced the grate once. So it is now tied with the Magma for tenure, and working better.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #64
Guru

City: Queensland
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Weber Q here as well, nicely built in to the cabinetry in the back deck.
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #65
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_barnacles View Post
I have tons of room on my flybridge so I added a pellet grill.

It is awesome.

Tell me about this. What grill? How hot does it get on the exterior? Is it rail mounted or otherwise?
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #66

City: Greenfield IN
Vessel Name: Chutay
Vessel Model: Great Harbour N37
I bought one of these last year. No need for fuel or charcoal, the only setback you need to plan well in advance as it takes longer to cook a meal. It is more of a wet application oven than a traditional grill but the meals we have cooked on it thus far have been great and the clean up is great.

https://www.gosunstove.com/collectio...ts/gosun-grill
DMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #67
Guru

I'll take a pic tomorrow. It's set in where the p.o. mounted a cooler. it's a grill so I wouldn't suggest sitting on it. Currently i just have it sitting on its legs. I will eventually build it into a outdoor grilling area on the deck over the main berth.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:00 PM   #68
Guru

I will say that ill never go back to propane or charcoal. And it grills as well as it smokes.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #69

City: San francisco
Vessel Name: Pacific Star
Vessel Model: 1990 Grand Banks 32 #834
Bought a Kuuma rectangular propane grill about a year ago. Mounted it more or less permanently on the aft cockpit railing using one of several optional mounting systems offered by Kuuma. Bought an aftermarket Sunbrella cover for it. Has a thermometer in the top, which is useful. So far, works great. Starts with one or two pushes on the red button and hasn't blown out yet. I think Defender sells them, although I bought mine locally. I'd recommend it.
Oldersalt
"Everything on your boat is broken. You just don't know it yet."
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is."
Oldersalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #70
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_barnacles View Post
I will say that ill never go back to propane or charcoal. And it grills as well as it smokes.

So you have to plug a pellet grill/smoker into 110V AC?
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:28 AM   #71
Guru

City: Pahrump, NV
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Sold Selene 47
I’m pretty sure I posted these before, but dang if I can find it.

The Weber is our go to grill, and several people have moved to the Weber after seeing how well ours works.

We set it on the fish cleaning station and it works great as well as provides additional space while cooking.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
8BB08101-671C-4705-81C6-03CF233C2B56.jpg   BD6BC406-3E66-4A80-9875-AB824D45841A.jpg  
Crusty Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:27 AM   #72
Guru

City: Seabrook, Texas
Vessel Name: Small World
Vessel Model: Defever 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
Weber Q here as well, nicely built in to the cabinetry in the back deck.
We use the Weber Q as well. It’s on a cart that we keep in the cockpit. We can either grill there or move it to a dock. Wotks great.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:13 AM   #73
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty Chief View Post
I’m pretty sure I posted these before, but dang if I can find it.

The Weber is our go to grill, and several people have moved to the Weber after seeing how well ours works.

We set it on the fish cleaning station and it works great as well as provides additional space while cooking.

Cheers
The people on a Defever 44 that turned us on to the Webber had that same set up, and had drilled and bolted the legs to the table.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:25 AM   #74
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
If I was going gas, I'd vote with the Weber entourage. However, I've never chosen to have a propane grill (nor charcoal) on a boat. We have both Gaggenau and Kenyon electrics and love them both.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:44 AM   #75
Guru

City: Alexandria, VA
Vessel Model: 2000 Wellcraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
Lowes Home Store -$64 not as heavy duty as a Magma...but have several friends/relatives who bought them and all love it....leave it out in the weather too as it is stainless..may have cheaper parts but I'll bet cheaper than Magma in the long run...

Shop Master Forge Stainless Steel Portable Gas Grill 12,000-BTU 198-sq in Portable Gas Grill at Lowes.com -
Took one of those on our last cruise to the Bahamas. By the time we got back, the stainless was completely discolored, but it was still grilling like a champ.(Just buy a cover for it so nobody sees when you are not grilling with it!).
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:39 AM   #76

City: Isleton
Vessel Name: Maverick
Vessel Model: Lindell 36
We have a galleymate on a rod holder mount. By far the best barbecue you could get. Never blows out, high quality construction. Expensive to get into the states from Australia since they are no longer being imported but they will do it if you call. Mine was a gift from a friend after we were talking barbecues.
Galleymate 1100 | Caravan & Marine Barbecues
Cheers
Eric
helm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #77

City: Sodus Pt NY
Vessel Name: Steadfast
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
Another vote for the Weber Baby Q. I've hade both the Kettle type Magma as well as the rectangular type. Wes not impressed with either of them. I have been using a Weber Baby Q aboard for the past 10 years with different type mounts on different boats.The most recent, I removed the Magma rail mounts and attached them to a base made of some scrap oak I had. I drilled holes in the feet of the grill and through the oak base to install quick release detent pins. I think this winter I will copy the design but make it out of Starboard material as it is a bit lighter and easier to clean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WeberBBQ.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	69735
Mragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #78
Guru

City: Alexandria, VA
Vessel Model: 2000 Wellcraft
I've been checking the Weber out after seeing so many recommendations, and it looks like a pretty good way to go.
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote