Battlefish TV Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benthic2

Guru
I'm a sucker for any kind of show that's boat related. This show is on Netflix and its not too bad. Kind of the same formula as Deadliest Catch, except its tuna fishermen in the Pacific NW. There's a little manufactured drama, but I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 if you like fishing and boating.

I love boating and fishing.... those TV shows do their best to ruin it for me.

But then I have the luxury of living aboard and fishing any time I want.

I hear you.....this has some great photography though....seeing the fish hit the lures underwater for examples

I just happened to see a bunch of these episodes as I sat in a Belarus hotel last week. I learned what a "Jack pole" was. Cool to see the entire process from birds to sales. Beyond that, a bit too similar to the sword series to be novel.

I hadn't seen the sword series...maybe I'll check that out.

Now I am watching "Polar Seas", about 3 guys who sail from Sweden through the North West Passage to Alaska. Great scenery and lots of information about the Inuit people. Its not great but its better than the news or a talent show competition. I was hoping for some rough weather scenes, but nothing so far.

I hadn't seen the sword series...maybe I'll check that out.

Now I am watching "Polar Seas", about 3 guys who sail from Sweden through the North West Passage to Alaska. Great scenery and lots of information about the Inuit people. Its not great but its better than the news or a talent show competition. I was hoping for some rough weather scenes, but nothing so far.

Just the opposite...usually nice and calm after getting north of the ice edge.... Its in the high lattitudes coming out of the ice that it's time to hang on for dear life.

Got plenty of pictures of big seas, ice floes, polar bears and penguins if you want any... :)

Nobody has mentions Wicked Tuna. Anyone watch it? Sounds like the Pacific tuna show is a knockoff

I like these shows and love fishing, but knowing what I do about the stress that commercial fishing has put on tuna and especially swordfish populations takes the fun out of it for me. It was the same for me with the perfect storm, which was a good book, but skipped over the fact that swords had been hit so hard for so long with such little regulation that it caused guys to go out later and later in the season to make a living. People died because of poor fisheries legislation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom