Baja update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksanders

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
DOS PECES
Vessel Make
BAYLINER 4788
Well, it looks like the whole fleet is going to enter Mag Bay tonight

:blush:

This is exactly why we are waiting to leave Ensenada until next Wednesday the 16th.

Attachments

• D307A814-76B2-4C5C-8D75-815188C2ED1B.jpg
    D307A814-76B2-4C5C-8D75-815188C2ED1B.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 69
Kevin,

The swarm moves quickly but most likely won’t go into Mag, they like Santa Maria.

Not sure of your plans but if you are looking for a stay, short or long, in San Jose del Cabo, call now for reservations. It was tough getting a spot last fall.

Greetings Kevin!

A recommendation if I might. Almost every port we traveled to in Mexico required advanced paperwork. In some cases, these were required before we could get confirmation of Marina dock price and space. Store digital and hard copies of the following:

1) Your vessel insurance ( Both Mexico and US )
2) Your vessel registration ( we provided both USCG and state)
3) Your IDs and passengers( both passport and state drivers license)
4) Your TIP
5) Last port departure from port captain (dont recall what its called)
6) current crew list, even if its just you.

I might be missing one or two items.

Try to book well in advance as noted by Rsysol above and be diligent as sometimes they dont respond right away.

Also, if you’re able to join Panama Posse, the Marina discount’s you’ll get will cover the cost of joining.

Be safe and dont be surprised if boats are still in the anchorage as you travel south. Lots of stragglers when we traveled south of the west side of Baja.

Cheers Bud!

Thanks guys, excellent advice!

I can tell you that Marina La Paz is full and has a waiting list.

I reserved my slip last December and paid a deposit to make sure I had a space. A couple of weeks ago I went in there, paid my rent, and gave them all my paperwork. They gave me my slip assignment so I am good to go in La Paz, it's my slip.

The only port between ensenada and there is Cabo, and I only really need that as a fuel stop. If they can put me up for a night or two great, if not we'll move on and anchor out.

Kevin,
I would skip Cabo and do San Jose instead, nice place and not the circus of Cabo.
Hollywood

Back
Top Bottom