Bahamas doesn’t require testing if vaccinated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardude01

Guru
Vessel Name
Bijou
Vessel Make
2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Just saw this in a Green Turtle Club advertisement. Makes it much easier when traveling to the Bahamas by boat IMO.

QUICK FACTS - Guidelines for Traveling to The Bahamas:
*Effective May 1st 2021, travelers to The Bahamas from outside the country will be exempted from COVID-19 test if they are
Fully vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period.*
No quarantine
Negative PCR test within 5 days of arrival, if NOT fully vaccinated
Rapid antigen test on day 5 of your visit, available at GTC Clinic, if not fully vaccinated
Cost of travel visa is $40 if you stay 4 nights, and $60 to stay longer than 4 nights
Children under 10 do not need testing and their travel visas are free
Man opening clams on the beach
For full Protocols we keep everything updated here.

https://greenturtleclub.com/requirements-for-bahamas-customs-2020/

Just saw this in a Green Turtle Club advertisement. Makes it much easier when traveling to the Bahamas by boat IMO.

QUICK FACTS - Guidelines for Traveling to The Bahamas:
*Effective May 1st 2021, travelers to The Bahamas from outside the country will be exempted from COVID-19 test if they are
Fully vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period.*
No quarantine
Negative PCR test within 5 days of arrival, if NOT fully vaccinated
Rapid antigen test on day 5 of your visit, available at GTC Clinic, if not fully vaccinated
Cost of travel visa is $40 if you stay 4 nights, and $60 to stay longer than 4 nights
Children under 10 do not need testing and their travel visas are free
Man opening clams on the beach
For full Protocols we keep everything updated here.

https://greenturtleclub.com/requirements-for-bahamas-customs-2020/

Although not moving as quickly as the Bahamas, there are other countries planning similar actions. We expect travel to Europe for those fully vaccinated to open up by late June or July if not sooner. The EU has stated that fully vaccinated travelers will be allowed this summer but they haven't set any dates, making it sound partly a plan and partly wishful thinking. They also state that countries will be allowed to keep stricter rules individually.

These changes may encourage more vaccination in young people or perhaps can copy West Virginia which plans to give those 16 to 35 years old a $100 savings bond for vaccinating.

Once here though, do check the gov website for individual island rules. Some are more restrictive in terms of which types of activities/gatherings are permitted. Be sure to wear a mask at every indoor activity (still mandatory in Bahamas)

Glad to hear this. I have three trips planned to the Bahamas this summer so this makes it a bit easier.

Bahamas does not require testing if vacinated

Good news! I am planning a trip to the Bahamas imminently. I am vacinated - ist Phizer shot. My question is: if I do not yet have the 2nd shot, am I "fully vacinated"?

Good news! I am planning a trip to the Bahamas imminently. I am vacinated - ist Phizer shot. My question is: if I do not yet have the 2nd shot, am I "fully vacinated"?

No. By any definition I've seen, fully vaccinated for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines is considered 2 weeks after your second shot.

No...must have two shots plus 15 days.

1/2 is not full ...or fully. 1/2 is 1/2.

NO, It takes the second shot to fully develop resistance.
+ another week or two.

Last edited:
Y'all shouldn't go, it's unsafe and covid ridden. It was horrible last July when we spent five weeks there.

I do feel bad for my Bahamian friends that rely on tourism though. I plan on helping them out with three trips over there in the next 8 months, just out of the goodness of my heart.

But the rest of you people should stay away. ;-)

Y'all shouldn't go, it's unsafe and covid ridden. It was horrible last July when we spent five weeks there.

I do feel bad for my Bahamian friends that rely on tourism though. I plan on helping them out with three trips over there in the next 8 months, just out of the goodness of my heart.

But the rest of you people should stay away. ;-)

???

I see how you are.

Have been in the Bahamas for two months (Bimini, Eleuthera, Exumas). Seems about the same boat density as our 2019 cruise (Bimini, New Providence, Exumas), and of course many, many more than last year (Berries). We are generally at anchor and did not visit Nassau but the small towns seem more or less normal, friendly with no hint of any issues.

I concur with what others have posted. Please stay away. I want to go down there and not face congestion or overly loud, overplayed, margaritaville on repeat.

Wifey B: The Bahamas are such a wonderful perk of living in Florida. Where else do you find hundreds of islands just for you to enjoy, some within 50-60 miles of your home and others further and people who cater to your needs. I just love love love the Bahamas. :smitten::smitten::smitten:

Agree. Very nice to have the Bahamas so close. Although from Jacksonville they really aren’t that close for my slow boat.

Agree. Very nice to have the Bahamas so close. Although from Jacksonville they really aren’t that close for my slow boat.

Wifey B: Well, I really only count South Florida, not all those other places. :lol:

You're more in South Georgia when you're in Jacksonville. Jacksonville is about equidistant between Miami and Myrtle Beach. :)

I do understand the distance issue as you face it from there.

Back
Top Bottom