Old 10-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #41

City: Discovery Bay
Vessel Name: Never Enough
Vessel Model: BayLiner Ciera
You are correct, we went to two shows for now: in Discovery Bay (inland) many got excited about the smaller fender and in Los Angeles (LA) almost everyone requested our bigger fender (9").
Regarding your question: most of our orders are from cruiser 24 to 45'. We have orders coming from sail or fishing boats but in much smaller numbers. We didn't accept orders for larger boats as we don't have the product to support larger than 45' boats. We don't have 12" fenders now and can't start working on them in the coming months as we have to focus on shipping the orders we received.
Thanks, Sam

sarditi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #42

Hi Al,
I fully agree. We are starting discussion with boat manufacturers on integration. The long term vision is having them part of the boat, exactly as you said. I will be very grateful if any of you can help with introductions.

Thanks, Sam

Old 10-08-2017, 06:30 AM   #43
Guru

City: AICW
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
How hard is it to get the fender out if it doesnt deploy?
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #44
Guru

City: Southern Maine
Vessel Model: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarditi View Post
They come now in 2 sizes 6x15" and 9x20" we will add additional sizes in future.
First, thank you for posting here and answering our questions!!!

Quote:
The video is the smaller size, I am experienced enough to go with the smaller fenders.
Good idea offering a bigger one.

For the record, *I* am experienced enough to go with LARGER fenders.

I guess if there are no waves, no wakes, no winds, no tides and no chance of the fenders "riding up" over the edge of the dock, you could set a tiny finder exactly where you needed it. Not sure I'd enjoy boating anyplace that would work.

Quote:
They swing in therefore they look beautiful on the boat.
Let's leave that to the eye of the beholder. Especially the larger sizes most people around here would need.

While you're answering questions, what's all this about "automatic" settings? Does it come with a smart phone app? Internal GPS so it knows which dock you're at? Just curious.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #45

Hi CaptTom,
Thanks for the feedback!!
Yes, it comes with an application that runs on your phone, tablet or a panel we provide. The applications uses GPS and map data to determine when and if to deploy. The applications is running pattern recognition to decide if you are cruising towards a dock and slowing down. In future we plan to run it on plotters but we are not there yet. You can override any decision the application makes. Your decisions are being saved for future deployments. You can specify in advance which areas to deploy at and in which not to deploy.
We cruise in areas with tides, winds and alike but have a smaller cruiser than yours. For your 36' cruiser we will definitely recommend the larger fender.
Have a great weekend, thanks, Sam
Old 10-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #46
Guru

City: AICW
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
How hard is it to get the fender out if it doesnt deploy?
Any answers?
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #47

Hi Psneeld,
Thanks for your question, it is not hard.
With one push of a button on the application you can force it out. If this doesn't work which is very unlikely you can pop the fender out using a screw driver.
Have a great weekend, thanks, Sam
Old 10-08-2017, 08:30 PM   #48

City: Tokyo, Japan / Tampa, Florida / Washington, Virginia
Vessel Name: Mondai Nai
Vessel Model: Nordhaven 55 - 45
Send a message via Skype™ to IntervaleII
I have seen some pretty unusual boating items in my day, but this one has to take the cake. I guess it takes a lot of work to hand maneuver a fender that small. interesting.
IntervaleII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:22 PM   #49

City: Houston
Could you make a smaller version that could deploy a Bud Light while I'm scrubbing the boot stripe?
CDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #50
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDreamer View Post
Could you make a smaller version that could deploy a Bud Light while I'm scrubbing the boot stripe?
They probably wouldn't be able to design one that could do that due to the abrasive nature of piss.

Now a nice Guinness...
menzies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #51
Guru

City: Sydney
Quote:

Id say it would be quicker to just hand you one
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #52

Ya know...I've been thinking about the safety aspect of this fancy fender system. Doesn't anybody still go up on the bow to tie the boat up?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #53
Guru

City: Sydney
Quote:
Ya know...I've been thinking about the safety aspect of this fancy fender system. Doesn't anybody still go up on the bow to tie the boat up?

Don't be silly they use there lazer guided auto rope docker app
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:09 PM   #54
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
No. They can tie the bow from the dock.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #55
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
I think you are confusing that with the interfaced optional finger function drone which will resolve any issues at the dock.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:40 PM   #56
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
I keep my bow lines tied to an amidship rail that makes them available from deck or dock. My stbd line is there for me right out the stbd helm door. I can't remember ever having to access my bow after docking with the fenders deployed. To me, it's midship and stern that secure the boat first.

The bow line comes at a relatively leisurely and...ahem...genteel rate.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:21 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
Most of our style of boats allow easy access to the bow. On boats without comfortable bow access or for an elderly couple when one lacks the agility required to access the bow safely, this could be a great.

Besides, how much is a boat buck in the big scheme of things. I think many elderly gentlemen will want to add this to their vessels to make it safer and more convenient for the Admiral while docking. Especially those who like gadgets like Codger2.

So let me see if I understand the safety aspect.

I'm looking at the video - the one that shows a little fender lowering like the Itzy Bitzy Spider coming down from its lair. (I can only assume that there's an option where the machine plays a tune during deployment...maybe The Entertainer. And Anchors Aweigh when retracting. If not, well, my royalty fee is 10%. And I have some other ideas if you want 'em.)

Anyway, this boat's coming in to a distant marina - say, 3 nm from home. Gramps is at the helm with his headset and a fresh prune juice. The "drop lengths" are already perfectly input.

You're saying there's no eventuality where Granny has to grab her walker and head to the bow? The bow lines are on their cleats and handily led amidships to be secured in a leisurely fashion? Ok...I'll buy that. Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

So is there a Dock Dangler system for deploying the snubber? In case their Social Security checks are late and they have to anchor out?
Old 10-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #58
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Automatic Fender System

I can certainly see a market for these, but I would say that it is probably a tiny tiny fraction of the boating public. That said, and not to pigeon-hole a specific portion of the boating population, there are a lot of “show offs” in boating. These are the same people that never anchor out and buy the latest fad anchor in polished stainless steel to bling-up their bow. Will it be a large enough segment to keep them building these for years? Who knows. I suspect that once one gets bought and deployed, owners MAY (remember may) find out that it really isn’t “all that”. I could be wrong. Still, there will always be some people that do find a practical use for this as advertised.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #59
Guru

City: Cape May, NJ and Englewood, FL
Vessel Name: Irish Lady
Not for me either, but Im sure we will see some Sea Rays sporting some soon. I would just get the person working the forward dock lines to hang the fenders.
1984 Monk 36 Hull #46
Currently in New Jersey.
High Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #60
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
The man saw what he felt was a need and developed a product to fill that need. I do not need it but perhaps other boaters do. I wish him luck.

rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote