ASD's new Generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it does NOT exhaust into the main engine exhaust tube as shown in the picture? That’s what they moved to a new dedicated exhaust port? I suspect that was the source of your original problems.
You are correct. New exhaust out the stern. No longer on the main engine exhaust. NL and ABYC recommended a dedicated exhaust otherwise the warranty would be void.

With the new exhaust the new unit is a little bit louder that the old Onan.

If there's room you may be able to add an inline muffler after the water lift to reduce noise a little. It may smooth out water splashing as well.

You are correct. New exhaust out the stern. No longer on the main engine exhaust. NL and ABYC recommended a dedicated exhaust otherwise the warranty would be void.

Well, that's better than the sounds of silence from a waterlogged generator :)

If there's room you may be able to add an inline muffler after the water lift to reduce noise a little. It may smooth out water splashing as well.

Or a gensep. Probably a bit more work, but about as quiet as you can get.

But is the extra noise objectionable? I guess ASD will know by the end of the season.

Or a gensep. Probably a bit more work, but about as quiet as you can get.

But is the extra noise objectionable? I guess ASD will know by the end of the season.

True, the separator is even quieter. But that requires more space plus a haulout to install the water discharge thru hull.

John, are you still on the 'right coast' after selling your boat?

Ken,

We’ve been back home in Vegas since the boat closed back in November of last year. We will be heading up to the PNW to visit old friends and family in a few weeks, kind of a hectic schedule.

We’re pretty busy developing some property in Pahrump, NV. Looking forward to getting out of Las Vegas.

The house should be ready to move in early August and the shop might be finished by end of November.

Are you gonna make it up North this year?

Cheers

Tom,

Congrats on getting that Generator done and off the list. Sorry its been so painful.

Ken,

Are you gonna make it up North this year?[/QUOTE]

That's the plan, but with on ongoing onslaught of Drs appointments, weddings, reunions, work on the house, etc, when and where we will go are still being juggled. We just got back from Arizona, so we are way behind this year. The price of fuel is also a mood breaker, I'm sure you've noticed.:eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom