Asd 2023 se alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should be towing Kay on water skiis on that calm water!

Flat as a pancake out front, but hazy.

An absolute parade of boats heading north at 8 knots today. Most trawlers I've seen in a few years. Interesting that I haven't seen the usual tri-deckers and superyachts though.

Have a great day out there.

Last edited:
The document closing the provincial park did not state that the seabed was closed. That's my argument and I'm sticking to it! Of course there are several other anchorages within a mile which aren't mentioned at all in the document.

It's pretty deserted up here so far. Stuart Is dock, only boat there was ours. Lagoon Cove, only boat there. Fury three boats total. Pruth bay one other, the Discovery on its delivery cruise north. Shearwater, total of 3 cruising boats on the dock. Rescue bay, only boat there. Kiln Bay, Patterson, Captains Cove, only boat there. Now in P.R., YC dock manager says we are the 30th boat this year heading north, so we aren't alone.

In this area I like the very protected Frypan Bay or Duncanby Landing. Taking a shower at Duncanby I recall looking through the worn floor boards at the beach and the birds. Duncanby seems to be the spot Canadians go for Salmon. Somewhere near Duncanby there is a boomer. Surprised me and became wide awake fast. Always wanted to cruise Rivers Inlet but like many other places did’nt get to it. Now the boat is gone.

Ken

I’m passing Tracy Arm on the way to Costco. I don’t know where ASD is.

Tom

Ken

I’m passing Tracy Arm on the way to Costco. I don’t know where ASD is.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Have you seen ASD up there, or on AIS? He's been incommunicado for awhile, but he could have been delayed by weather at Cape Caution or Dixon Entrance. He's probably still in BC.

Ken

Left Wrangell 5 days ago and didn’t see him on AIS.

Tom

AIS has him in Port McNeil........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 1.23.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 1.23.37 PM.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 1.26.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-27 at 1.26.52 PM.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 35
I am in Port McNeill waiting on weather. Leaving tomorrow for Fry Pan Bay.

Here is ASD's SPOT.

Subject:*Thomas Teseniar wants you to see their map on SPOT Tracking

Thomas Teseniar uses SPOT Tracking to track where they are and what they're doing, and you've been granted special access to that information. Follow the link below to see what they've shared:

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/LG2G/BH

--

This invite was sent on behalf of Thomas Teseniar (thomas.teseniar@yahoo.com)

Tom,

Don't be in too much of a hurry. It is still March up here. 42 degrees in Juneau, raining off and on, and calling for rain and snow this afternoon with winds out of the south at 20-25. My wind sensor recorded a gust of 82 kts last night. I hope that was an error. We are on the transient dock in Douglas Harbor with the beam exposed to the wind. It didn't wake me up.

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_2523.jpg
    IMG_2523.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 36
We are making our way across Cape Caution. 16 miles to Fry Pan Bay.

We have made to Shearwater B.C. spent a few days at Port McNeill due to weather.
The Cape Caution crossing was good. Good long swells. Stayed the night in Fry Pan Bay.
We are the only boat anchored in Shearwater. Kutze Inlet tomorrow.FB_IMG_1684630110180.jpg20230525_123321.jpg20230525_123335.jpg20230528_110815.jpg20230529_143135.jpg

Been following you, Tom. You're being watched! When you rounded Cape Caution, the winds looked light. Good to have that behind you. The lack of boats that you are seeing on the way up is surprising. We will be rolling soon, will stay in touch. Tom Bradey is in the Juneau area presently...not sure if you saw his posts.

12:30, Dixon Entrance like glass! Yee Haw! Feels good to be home.20230602_122504.jpg20230602_122303.jpg

Say hi to Al J for me while you're in Ketch. We'll be passing through there in late June.

Last edited:
So good to see y’all up north wandering around.
I was born in Juneau. 42 and raining takes my back.

Anybody been to Duncanby Landing recently?
Wonder if it’s gone the way of Butedale?

So good to see y’all up north wandering around.
I was born in Juneau. 42 and raining takes my back.

Anybody been to Duncanby Landing recently?
Wonder if it’s gone the way of Butedale?

Butedale was an AWESOME place to spend a day or two!

Yes we (1st wife) and I showered in unlimited hot water and climbed up alongside the flume to the lake. Many buildings were still fine then.

We didn’t realize then that most of the many cannery ruins in SE would be gone so soon.

Cleared U.S. Customs using thier ROAM app. Spent the night in Foggy Bay last night after a nice calm Dixon Entrance Crossing. Had to wait to leave this morning due to a -2.2 low tide. Was still a little scaring. Next stop is the fuel dock in Ketchikan. 1000005416.jpg1000005413.jpg

We passed you a little south of Baker Inlet I think, a day back. In Fifth Element, we were headed south. Passed Tanglewood the day before that, in the Arthur Passage.

ASD,
That’s looking west out of inside of Foggy Bay .. isn’t it?
In post 116?

I came over that bar on an inrushing sea in my home made/designed boat the Easy Rider. I studied the seas as they went over the bar. Couldn’t see any obstructions shallow..or spots so we puckered up and went in at about 20 knots on the face of a wave. No problem. Gale was blow’in 40-50 outside. Stayed there for three days.

ASD,
That’s looking west out of inside of Foggy Bay .. isn’t it?
In post 116?

I came over that bar on an inrushing sea in my home made/designed boat the Easy Rider. I studied the seas as they went over the bar. Couldn’t see any obstructions shallow..or spots so we puckered up and went in at about 20 knots on the face of a wave. No problem. Gale was blow’in 40-50 outside. Stayed there for three days.
Yes it is. You sir are a brave soul.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom