ASD 2021 Preparations for SE Alaska Cruiese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I guess not as ready as I thought. The Admiral had an ATM card set to expire, so she ordered a new one.

Be here next week.....oh well. The weather is changing and could have left tomorrow. Gotta love her.

you should have had it mailed to soin2la and picked up on the way, he is sure to meet you at the first stop.

Well the preparations are completed. Received my oil analyses for the engines and transmissions. Everything looked great although they only had a 100 hours on them.

So currently we are on a weather hold for the next week or so as there are a few storms backed up in the Pacific.

I will create another thread for the adventures north.

IMG_8696.jpg

Pretty nice down South in Bandon. Safe travels buddy.

you should have had it mailed to soin2la and picked up on the way, he is sure to meet you at the first stop.
More like his third or fourth stop and I won't accept responsibility for someones ATM card without the having the security of the PIN.

More like his third or fourth stop and I won't accept responsibility for someones ATM card without the having the security of the PIN.
It would be nice to drink a beer with you. Not this year unfortunately.

Found this on Google news;

Canada’s Justin Trudeau has a border problem. Like his counterpart in the White House, he’s being pummeled by his political opponents for it.

Canada’s land border with the U.S., the world’s longest, has been shut to many foreign travelers for more than 13 months. Non-essential workers entering the country are required to quarantine for two weeks. The rules have blocked tourists, kept families apart, prevented students from visiting college campuses and hurt trade-dependent manufacturers.

But new variants of Covid-19 still arrive and a third wave has raged across parts of Canada. Trudeau finds himself squeezed between two groups. On one side are critics including doctors and the premiers of Ontario and Quebec, who say loopholes in the government’s travel rules and weak controls at airports have made the situation worse. On the other are businesses calling for the prime minister to loosen restrictions, or at least outline a plan for doing so.

In a country that sends more than 70% of its exports to the U.S., the border matters a lot. Trucks and trains continue to move goods despite the pandemic, but Canada’s tourism and travel-related businesses lost an estimated C$19.4 billion ($15.6 billion) in revenue last year from the plunge in international visitors.

Manufacturers are feeling the pain, too. From his base in Windsor, Ontario, across the river from Detroit, Tim Galbraith competes with American companies to build industrial molds for U.S. factories. Border rules are costing him business with U.S. customers.

Technical experts won’t cross the border for key tasks, including testing out a mold before it ships, and prospective American clients won’t visit because of the quarantine.

“There’s no chance this guy is going to come and sit in a hotel for 14 days, just so he can come and spend 3 hours in our plant and drive home,” said Galbraith, sales manager at Cavalier Tool & Manufacturing Ltd. “This is a trade barrier the Canadian government has erected that is doing more to repatriate business in the U.S., in our industry, than all the Trump rhetoric of the last four years.”

Tommy; since the curtains were opened a few days ago, I notice your head slowly popping up above the windowsill each day.

Are you going to tell us what’s up; especially what you broke this time that you needed parts for? Not another microwave, I hope.

Attachments

• Kilroy 01 .png
    Kilroy 01 .png
    3.9 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom