Arrive CAN clearance stations PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in a similar situation this spring with a charter however we crossed the border via land. Our destination was Desolation Sound however I used the address of the charter company for our address while in Canada. When the border agent asked what we were up to in Canada I told them we were doing a charter and they didn't have any issues with the way things were documented. It was one of our quicker border crossings.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers but the question was different prior to May 22nd….arrive can previously asked you where you would quarantine for 14 days if required…now it simply asked the address of where you WILL BE during the next 14 days just in case they want to contact you in the next 14 days…

We checked in at Van Isle Customs in Tsehum Harbor (Sidney) yesterday afternoon. Was on the phone for about 20 minutes before agent answered.
Harped on Cannabis a bit. They stated the documentation # I provided was for another boat. Turns out they still had the previous boat name. We bought 16 months ago, and boat has not been back in Canada in that time. I had to provide all pax info, passport info etc, even though it was on ArriveCan permit . . . . Anyway, about 10 minutes on phone and we were off again.

Oh, and we used the address of the Customs Office in Sidney, since we are geedunking up through Canada on our way to Alaska. All in all, much ado/concern about a pretty much non event.:D
I can't find any info on whether we have to notify them at Prince Rupert when we leave Canada to go into Alaska. Is there any requirement to do so?

Back
Top Bottom