Vessel Model: SeaVee 290i Yanmar 370, Boston Whaler 130 SS
Join Date: Sep 2014
I'm glad you stated that you will watch the weather "carefully". I predict that if you were to peek out the inlet or look at the inlet cams that it would look like a go, BUT they are predicting big swells for the Gulfstream. I hope you post before and after the trip. Safe trip!
We just left Lake Worth this morning heading toward Miami to cross over to the Berry's tomorrow. Here's part of yesterday's weather forecast from Chris Parker. It looks like your timing is good.
Better option is benign motoring Sat25 with the most benign conditions during the morning-afternoon. Sun26 travel not recommended given possible N component winds early, N component winds ahead of/behind FRONT, and any squalls with FRONT.
E-bound vessels must take advantage of these opportunities as rebuilding trades may make E-bound windows rare over the next month.