Any trashy Trawlers out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sturn. Darn good.

I bought a trashy trawler.
No need to keep it that way.

Attachments

• Old galley New galley.jpg
    Old galley New galley.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 41
As a new dreamer of one day owning a trawler I am put off by seeing all these fantastic looking boats. Does anyone have a trashier looking trawler? I'm the kind of guy who buys older cars and trucks and gets them on the road 'fast' and just works on them while driving them. I end up selling them for way less than I put into them but it's the whole learning process I like. With all these great looking trawlers all I can think of is "I will never be able to afford that". So I guess what i'm trying to say is there any Trawlers out there that look like crap but have good internals?

You're well attuned to the boating experience as you are accustomed to losing your duff on resale LOL There are plenty of old tubs begging for a fixer upper diy guy, good luck.

I've since deleted all the pix as we didn't buy the boat, but last year we looked at a 1986 MT 36 Sundeck. We loved the layout and the '73 Concorde 41 we ended up buying is very similar. The MT was one of the dirtiest boats I've ever seen. The windows were leaking (of course, they all do right?) and a lot of the interior paneling was degraded to the point of falling off. One window had fallen out and was laying on the deck. There were bird nests inside and spider crap 1/2" deep on the counters. Asking was only $10,000 if that's any clue. Next nearest listing I found on the same model was $60,000 and that boat wasn't great either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom