Any recommendations on supplies for a cold voyage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, we transited along the Navy pier going to the guest dock.

Craig - Nice saying, however... If I may...

Society grows great when old men and women plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

;)

That's cool. What's up with the white canvas on the foredeck?

There are cushions on a portion of the bow and they are covered by canvas. In decent weather they'd be off.

Here's what we woke up to in Everett. IMG_7954.JPG

Fog burned off and turned to this. IMG_7968.JPG

Couple of shots of the boat fueling up at Port of Everett. IMG_0767.JPGIMG_0770.JPG

Great looking boat!

Gotta admit to never being a fan of the Swifts but they're honestly growing on me. Although it's taken quite a while for me to come around they really do look well appointed and functionally laid out. All that said I agree with Bob, it is a great looking boat.

Gotta admit to never being a fan of the Swifts but they're honestly growing on me. Although it's taken quite a while for me to come around they really do look well appointed and functionally laid out. All that said I agree with Bob, it is a great looking boat.

I am and am not a fan. For some uses not a fan, but for what I consider them to have been designed for, I think they're an excellent option. 10-15 years ago it was Bayliner or Mainship. Then perhaps Grand Banks. Well, ST's have stepped in where there's a general shortage of offerings. Good coastal boat. Great loop boat. And good space and function for their size. They also filled a need for a bit more speed but not a huge amount, still economical.

I also listen to owners of them and the majority are very happy with them, even those who have faced having to deal with certain issues they have that have been recurring (hopefully resolved now). You also have to be a fan of Volvo IPS today for most of their models.

Really nice looking boat!

I am and am not a fan. For some uses not a fan, but for what I consider them to have been designed for, I think they're an excellent option. 10-15 years ago it was Bayliner or Mainship. Then perhaps Grand Banks. Well, ST's have stepped in where there's a general shortage of offerings. Good coastal boat. Great loop boat. And good space and function for their size. They also filled a need for a bit more speed but not a huge amount, still economical.

I also listen to owners of them and the majority are very happy with them, even those who have faced having to deal with certain issues they have that have been recurring (hopefully resolved now). You also have to be a fan of Volvo IPS today for most of their models.

We have dreams of doing long distance cruising in a different boat when we retire in 11 or 12 years. However, we both work now and therefore time is limited. This boat will be used in the San Francisco Bay and the Delta, with occasional coastal trips - mainly south. For this, we felt the boat was a really good fit, and good value, for our family.

We have dreams of doing long distance cruising in a different boat when we retire in 11 or 12 years. However, we both work now and therefore time is limited. This boat will be used in the San Francisco Bay and the Delta, with occasional coastal trips - mainly south. For this, we felt the boat was a really good fit, and good value, for our family.

Very nice looking boat IMO. I think you will love it.

Hi all, in case anyone is interested, here are some random pics and videos from the trip south. Also, I just got some good news from Associated Boat Transport that the bridge can stay on during shipping. Only the dash (and presumably the windscreen) need to be removed, at which point they think the fully loaded height will be 15"10". Needed to be under 16'. That should save a lot of money.

Anyways, here are the photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0gGgZLKuGQxaAd

Best,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi all, in case anyone is interested, here are some random pics and videos from the trip south. Also, I just got some good news from Associated Boat Transport that the bridge can stay on during shipping. Only the dash (and presumably the windscreen) need to be removed, at which point they think the fully loaded height will be 15"10". Needed to be under 16'. That should save a lot of money.

Anyways, here are the photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0gGgZLKuGQxaAd

Best,
Mike

Michael TY for photos.

If I understand you correctly regarding "shipping": Tell them to not overinflate tires... 4" clearance makes me pucker! What if they repaved under bridge somewhere and did not take clearance into account. Jus sayen. I usually error on side of safety. - Best Luck! - Art

Last edited:
Michael TY for photos. Tell them not to overinflate tires... 4" clearance makes me pucker! What if they repaved under bridge some where and did not take clearance into account. Jus sayen. I usually error on side of safety. - Best Luck! - Art

Yeah, I hear ya. I do trust them as they seem to run this route often. At the end of the day the boat is fully insured throughout the trip, but yeah, that would suck. I'm sure I'll be a bit anxious while it's en route. But I'd feel that way regardless of whether the bridge was on or off. :)

By the way, it's 2" clearance! But I'd imagine they wouldn't have such a great reputation if they were chancing it on these things.

Last edited:
If a bridge took the FB off....it would make some here on TF think more highly of the boat....:eek:

But it would definitely suck because of something as silly as a few inches of asphalt.

Good that you trust the company...otherwise it's like waiting for your wife to give birth for some new owners....:D

Yeah, I hear ya. I do trust them as they seem to run this route often. At the end of the day the boat is fully insured throughout the trip, but yeah, that would suck. I'm sure I'll be a bit anxious while it's en route. But I'd feel that way regardless of whether the bridge was on or off. :)

By the way, it's 2" clearance! But I'd imagine they wouldn't have such a great reputation if they were chancing it on these things.

Right... 2" not 4"... pucker, pucker!!

Best,
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the pics. Exciting for her to be coming to her new home. I'm sure the transport company has it well in hand and there is nothing "to pucker about", [emoji79] just don't let yourself be consumed by the I-5 traffic cams on the internet!

I am curious, with loaded height of 15'10", how much of that height is provided by the transport trailer?

Mike,

Thanks for the pics. Exciting for her to be coming to her new home. I'm sure the transport company has it well in hand and there is nothing "to pucker about", [emoji79] just don't let yourself be consumed by the I-5 traffic cams on the internet!

I am curious, with loaded height of 15'10", how much of that height is provided by the transport trailer?

I'm not sure exactly how much height the trailer consumes, but not much as you can see from the photo.

IMG_1076.JPG

More photos can be seen on their website at http://www.associatedboat.com/images.html

Best,
Mike

Back
Top Bottom