Any Novatec Owners here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott and Malina

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Searching...
Good-day all! I know they aren't "exactly" trawlers, but Novatec does have a line of "Islander" yachts that are considered "fast trawlers". I was hoping to gather some experienced information on them (particularly the 2000-2004 48/55 model). With just about everything onboard that's on our list of "must haves", these boats strike me as something worth looking into.
If anyone has any stories, experiences or the like regarding these models, please let me know. I would like to know a couple of things, if you had your choice to change anything on your model, what would it be? As a diverse boat that can be a slow trawler as well as having the ability to run the bank account down, what is your average 6-10 knot GPH? Is it still around the trawler consumption of about 5-8 gph (conditions considered)? Appreciate any and all feedback, I really like the looks of these boats, in and out.

Thanks!
Scott & malina

Scott & Malina, now it's my turn. Dd you purchase a Novatec ? Please offer your vews if so. Thanks, Mpgjr

Scott & Malina, now it's my turn. Dd you purchase a Novatec ? Please offer your vews if so. Thanks, Mpgjr

No, not yet. We're still in the looking and research phase. Should be ready to pull the trigger in a couple years. We haven't decided for or against the Novatec style. I know of all the boats we've seen, I can say that a stand up ER is on the shortlist. So, I do not know if the Novatec will remain on our list. Although they seem pretty roomy in there. Just haven't seen one up close yet. Sorry, I wish I could lend you some advise, but not yet.

Scott and Malina

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom