Anti Glare Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mako

Guru
Has anyone installed pilothouse windows with an antiglare coating on the interior surface?

Good question.I was thinking of doing an anti-glare film of sorts when I install windows in my boat.

But for a more permanent solution (that won't peel off) I was thinking of having the glass shop coat the inside surface after cutting it to shape.

I had applied a film to my pilothouse glazing years ago but it wasn't as "successful" as I had hoped it would have been.

Strange, I see no need here, and I don't wear sunglasses. Glare? What glare? Maybe "wannabe" pilothouse windows and a tan-colored roof on the forward cabin help.

Last edited:
More of an issue of cutting down glare at night from inside the PH. Even a small red glow from instruments can be annoying.

I know on aircraft I have flown,the instrument panels would be painted or coated with a flat black, or darker satin color, to reduce light reflections and glare.Our lighting was more of a soft glow, rather than a full beam or flood light.The lights were also mounted under a lip above the instruments, so no light was shining back toward us.I had no problems flying on a moonless night under visual flight rules.I much preferred flying with no moon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom