Another day on the water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparks5501

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Roundabout
Vessel Make
2000 Donzi Z275
Today we trailered the M/V Roundabout to Old Hickory Lake to practice docking, tying off lines, etc. at a near by ramp. Found out the the Lake was down a couple of feet. Almost ran aground near the dock!! We had to stay on the channel or run aground in 3ft of water. Our draft is 3.5 wet. Our navigation system kept us safe. We passed our first barge tow too. It was fun to talk with the captain. We passed on the red side. When we got back to the dock I jumped off the boat to the up and almost missed the pier. Got one leg wet. No more leaping tall buildings for me [emoji3] . Once we secured everything, Mack backed the truck/trailer up to the ramp. Then he drove it up on the trailer crooked, so we had to float it enough to straighten it out. Finally got it right. It was good practice, but need lots more. It was a beautiful, sunny day, cool and comfortable. Lots of people fishing today too. I am blessed to be able to enjoy being on the water.

My monthly treatments will end this summer, we will be able to do the Loop then. We plan on some smaller side trips til then.

Back
Top Bottom