Another COD Renewal Report and Rant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roger Long

Vessel Name
Gypsy Star
Vessel Make
Gulf Star 43
Renewal with no changes filed online August 29.

Just received December 16 with December 12 issue date.

We lost one month trying to insure that it would arrive while we were home for the holidays instead of entrusting our mail collector to identify it and send it on to us but I'm glad I didn't renew in September and need to have it pulled out of the pile.

Will the NVDC ever get back to normal functioning? :banghead:

At least they did establish, after years of making many boaters law breakers, that proof of renewal or application is sufficient to avoid a fine for operating without a current COD on board.

I did an online renewal in November. Paid the $26 online. Received the new COD in approx. 7-10 days. I was surprised mine came so fast.

I did an online renewal in November. Paid the $26 online. Received the new COD in approx. 7-10 days. I was surprised mine came so fast.

We had the same experience. Also same experience for our 2020 CBP Decal. All set for next season for at least those two details! Wish the Feds could figure out one place/way to buy both, with one set of logins and passwords and etc... but nevermind, that would be too hard for all those agencies to have one way of doing something.:hide:

We looked at the multiyear documentation renewal, but its actually more cumbersome than the annual renewal, and there is no discount for doing multiyear, so I just did the one year.

Received ours yesterday, one week after renewing online.

Vast majority of reports are normal, quick turnarounds of a week to a month, tops.

Back
Top Bottom