Anchorage around Venice Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubby48

Vessel Name
Love&luck
Vessel Make
Silverton40ac
We’re in Madeira Beach and headed to Cape Coral tomorrow. We plan to anchor tomorrow night. Any suggestions for decent anchorage.
We draft 4ft.
Thanks

Hello,

We have never anchored close to Venice due to draft (5’8”) but have in several spots between St. Pete and Cape Coral. Closest to Venice for your draft looks like Blackburn Bay, north of Venice between G21& R20 or Lemon Bay, south of Venice between R26 & R25. Have seen cruising boats anchored in both spots. Screenshot of spots we’ve anchored below. Let me know if you have questions. Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

Attachments

• 03515A58-FA43-4B1D-B497-081D6E0DD478.jpeg
    03515A58-FA43-4B1D-B497-081D6E0DD478.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 35
We have anchored off of Higel Marine Park in Venice maybe 200 yards out from the park. About 6' once you get there, a little less along the way.

David

We have anchored off of Higel Marine Park in Venice maybe 200 yards out from the park. About 6' once you get there, a little less along the way.

David

I love Venice, but it offers slim pickings for anchoring. The Higel Park enclave just off the ICW is as good as it gets thereabouts. I have overnighted there by tying up to the Higel Park face dock, which is great if there is room when you arrive (first come, first served). Otherwise, if you can stage your transit of that stretch of the ICW to allow more daylight, you'll find more inviting anchorages further to the south. If it gets dark and you have still must travel inside from Venice Inlet to points south, that's a total, no-brains piece of cake. Red markers to the left, green ones to the right. Don't run into the banks on either side of the ditch.

If you must stay in Venice and nothing else is available, you can overnight at the Crows Nest Restaurant, just inside the jetties on the South side of the inlet. Remember to pay your slip rent before pushing off in the morning.

There isn't a good anchorage near Venice. There are boats anchored near Venice in very shallow water and there isn't any room. If I were making your trip, we would go 16 miles south of Venice to Don Pedro and anchor.

We’re in Madeira Beach and headed to Cape Coral tomorrow. We plan to anchor tomorrow night. Any suggestions for decent anchorage.
We draft 4ft.
Thanks
Englewood Beach south of the Tom Adams bridge take the side channel (10') west. Just don't anchor in the center of the channel.
We would normally pick up a mooring ball at Marina Jacks in Sarasota for a night or two. Worth the stop.
Archie

Last edited:
Hello,

We have never anchored close to Venice due to draft (5’8”) but have in several spots between St. Pete and Cape Coral. Closest to Venice for your draft looks like Blackburn Bay, north of Venice between G21& R20 or Lemon Bay, south of Venice between R26 & R25. Have seen cruising boats anchored in both spots. Screenshot of spots we’ve anchored below. Let me know if you have questions. Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

Thanks
We’re leaving in the am and will check out this anchorage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom