Anchor Chain and Rode - best price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeaBreeze

Vessel Name
SeaShell
Vessel Make
1974 Marine Trader 34 Sedan
I just bought a new Maxwell horizontal windlass and need to get new 5/16 chain and 9/16 rode. Where are the best prices on prespliced combos to be found?

I did an internet search on acco chain. Found the best price and then went to West Marine bought the chain and price matched. You certainly can find Chinese chain cheaper oh, but of course then you have Chinese chain

2 years ago, my best price came from Defender. First time I priced them, the freight was too high. West Marine gave me a super deal with free delivery to their store. When I was ready to buy WM was no longer competitive and Defender had found a better freight source, so they got the business.

If you have a WM in your area and they're willing to price match, that likely will be your best deal.

Ted

I have a WM superstore close by but the challenge with their price match is that it has to be the EXACT same product from the same manufacturer and the bar codes have to match.

I have a WM superstore close by but the challenge with their price match is that it has to be the EXACT same product from the same manufacturer and the bar codes have to match.

A neighbor just went through that with the local WM for Acco chain. At first they said no but came around and matched Defender.

Back
Top Bottom