American Tug 395, hull #12...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn. That's very nice indeed !!

Wifey D,
Everything's wonderful.
But how can you miss w that beautiful green.
That green would even fly on our boat but we have buff (tan) about the same value as your green so ?
Wife Christine likes the two place helm seat and all the wood.

Bruce told me I have to participate more on the forum, so I will. :angel:

Here is my latest post to our website. I realize our choices might be a little unusual... Please keep your comments nice! :popcorn:

https://brucebeard.com/2017/04/04/pulling-it-all-together/

Wifey B: I love the color and personality. :dance::dance::dance:

Some boats just feel old and dark and I think yours feels ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have our colors that we like and fortunately different for all. Mine is baby blue as in the color of my eyes and, by happenstance, my hubby's eyes and the sky on some days, and the uniforms of the NCAA champion basketball team. :dance:

See, it's like the sea shell green...that color just on a wall or a house or something alone and big, my hubby has a not nice name for it and lime green and some of the others, but it's beeeeeauuutiful on your boat. And it's unique, well until everyone copies it. I don't like dark hulls. I love Mark's yellow on his Coot. It just makes it his. :)

I never would have thought of red for the interior but it works great with the other colors you have and it's bright and uplifting.

The color is part of making your boat feel even bigger than it is. Dark shrinks the size of rooms.

We even have colors in our offices, none of the dark, rich, law office paneling.

I love all you've done and think the two of you have really made it your own. It's like N4061 has with his new boat, although he does now need help on his dinghy.

It's like Donna has done on her boat, decorating it herself and making it all hers.

I think you and Bruce just embraced the entire concept that if you were going to build a boat, you'd make it all yours. After all, if there are critics, I don't think they pitched in money toward the build.

Well, I love love love love love your new boat. :dance:

Bruce B Wifey D; said:
I realize our choices might be a little unusual... Please keep your comments nice!
Well, I tell ya, Tomco should be paying ALL your expenses, to travel that beauty to every N American boat show, for the next two years. They would reap huge returns.

How nice is that?

Bruce is right. You do need to post more.

Great photos on the blog. You have a good eye for taking interior shots. I really love the color choices you have made. Yours is the nicest looking AT that I've seen, and my wife and I did a lot of looking when we were shopping. Heck, beyond the AT, I think you have one of the prettiest modern boats I've seen.

How did you to survive the wind storms last night?

WifeyB

Yes post more and keep it nice. [emoji16]

A friend of mine called the red interior "an acquired taste," which I find an apt conclusion!

This, on the other hand, is eye candy. Photo thanks to Laura Domela on the Nordic Tug Airship.

Attachments

• IMG_2807.JPG
    IMG_2807.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 139
Why more women don't post: because they are bringing us beer like a good wife should!

Just kidding. ��

A friend of mine called the red interior "an acquired taste," which I find an apt conclusion!

This, on the other hand, is eye candy. Photo thanks to Laura Domela on the Nordic Tug Airship.

Looks great. Are those all satellite antenna domes on top? If so, how'd you end up with 3? Sorry if this was covered previously.

Wifey B: I liked it instantly. I must be a fast acquirer. :rofl:

I think a boat should reflect one's own sense of style, just as anything else we own should. With a non-custom boat that's more difficult but often can come with pillows, art, and maybe even some re-upholstery. :)

We are actually heading into Bellingham as our dinghy has inflated for the last time. It is a longish story that I will share later.
We are just about to round the southern tip of Lummy Island and head across Bellingham Bay.
25 knots of wind against some cross currents.
It's snotty out here!

That's Cattle Point, San Juan Island. I was sitting in my truck watching these boats go by the other day.

Attached a photo. Sorry for the heat distortion.

Attachments

• P1004175.jpg
    P1004175.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
RTF,

Thanks. Long time lurker, first time poster. Felt compelled to post because of this coincidence!

Dante

RTF,

Thanks. Long time lurker, first time poster. Felt compelled to post because of this coincidence!

Dante

Welcome and very nice picture.

Bruce, Bellingham is know for its winds. Likely nicer down South. :)

However, I don't know as I am in Dallas, TX visiting my son. Hope to make it back to the PNW tomorrow.

Welcome and very nice picture.

Bruce, Bellingham is know for its winds. Likely nicer down South. :)

However, I don't know as I am in Dallas, TX visiting my son. Hope to make it back to the PNW tomorrow.

It certainly was windy coming across today Dave.
The boat was awesome! It simply has a very nice way about it in the water, like it is happy there.
As things began getting choppy we sped up to about 12 plus knots or so and just like they promised, the boat settles down and just pushes. We finally had some aft quarter seas that forced us to slow back down for a bit but the boat was simply awesome!
Now we are inside, tied up to a dock, rinsed off, showered and happy.
I am getting some kind of a cold so I think I may simply turn in for awhile...
Cheers,
Bruce

Hope you feel better and glad the boat is performing well. FWIW, the pollen counts are really high right now so if you have any allergies, the virus could be allergies instead. Hope you feel better either way.

Hope you feel better and glad the boat is performing well. FWIW, the pollen counts are really high right now so if you have any allergies, the virus could be allergies instead. Hope you feel better either way.

It is kind of strange Dave. I certainly do have allergies but I'm doing the chills, sweating thing. I've never had allergies effect me this way.
Today was better than yesterday though so there is hope!
Bruce

Back
Top Bottom