American Diesel saves the day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redhook98

Vessel Name
Tatoosh
Vessel Make
1979 49ft Marine Trader RPH
I was taking my boat down to Krentz Marina in the Yeocomico yesterday to get a haul out. It is a 5+ hour cruise at 7mph for me from Colonial Beach on the Potomac River. I lost an engine about 3/4 of the way there, in small craft advisory conditions. (bearings in fresh water pump decided they didn't want to work any longer). As some know, at the mouth of the Potomac where it meets the Chesapeake, it is almost a "perfect storm" situation with winds blowing off the bay and the shallow depth. That really accentuates the weather due to the shallow depth. Several times we had water break over the bow and spray up on the flybridge. It s a 49-ft pilothouse.

Anyway, after limping in after making barely any headway for a few hours (against the wind), I called them up. They had a new fresh water pump and hose kits in stock. They were only 25 miles from the marina so I went and got everything I needed. New hose kits for both motors, trans coolers, water pump, etc. Got to meet them in person for the first time after talking on the phone numerous times in the past.

Heading back out to make the repairs now, but figure I would put another plug out there for Brian and John at AD. Very nice guys and a wealth of info.

Attachments

• 20200417_145151_resized.jpg
    20200417_145151_resized.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Yes, Redhook 98...know the area well! Happy to hear your positive experience with American Diesel.

What impresses me most about American Diesel is the fact that 99% of the time when I call Brian answers the phone. He always has time to talk.

pete

It's good that Brian is continuing the tradition of excellent customer relations that his father,the late,great Bob Smith started at ADC.
I consider ourselves to be right smack in the middle of a great trawler area ,not only for the wonderful cruising the Chesapeake offers but also Trans Atlantic Diesel is 45 minutes away in White Marsh VA & ADC is less than 10 minutes away in Kilmarnock VA. We're covered by TAD with regards to our current boat with it's 6.354 Perkins. If we decide to change boats ,most of the ones that interest us have Lehman or Cummins so we should still be close to the parts we need!

Yes, they are excellent. Can’t say enough good about them.

That is great service, wish we could find that more often. Good service is like gold.

(Aren't you glad you had twins? Ha! Couldn't resist.)

Back
Top Bottom