All Transient Slips Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
/Good if they can keep the costs down. Any idea of the $/ft rates?

This will be a very seasonable location. Can they get enough business in a few short months? It's probably iced in all winter?

From the article ASD linked to:
"Lou Sandoval, commodore of the Chicago Yacht Club and national director of business development for Nautic-On, said the marina would be convenient for boaters. “I think the location is unique — it’s in the epicenter of our city right next to Monroe Harbor,” he said. “The only question I would have is whether it can attract enough boaters, given that there’s been a surplus of slips at a lot of harbors in the city.”

That's the first I've heard that Chicago has empty slips.

I am following this project with a great amount of interest. I will be taking my boat to Chicago this summer and will stay there if they even have a few slips ready to go. Otherwise I will post a walking, floating past update.

The last time I stayed at Monroe Harbor the rates were high but not unreasonable.

pete

If you own a boat, then even paying $4.00 per foot per day is cheaper than renting a hotel room in the heart of Chicago.

It is a business gamble if it works or not. My bet is that it will.

David

My guess is that depending on pricing, it might become quite popular.

Navy Pier would be a good spot for both boaters passing by, as well as locals who might take their boat out for the day. I think that seeing all the pretty boats would also be a plus for the non-boaters spending the day at the Pier.

Jim

Great location. Haven't been to Navy Pier in probably 20 years. I guess it's changed a bit.

I imagine it'll be one of the pricier marinas around. Still, you can't beat that spot. Maybe I'd even bite the bullet and stay for a night or two if I succeed in doing the loop in 2021.

Since the recession, slips have been available in Chicago harbors. 31St harbor was built for the Olympics that did not come, never full, not close. Transient slips are available.

The proposed Marinia will be a bit exposed but in a good location to check out downtown.

If you build it they may come, but no shortage of slips in more protected harbors.

Back
Top Bottom