All fishing closed in Washington State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Sea Fever
Vessel Make
Defever 49 RPH
To many people enjoying their forced time off so the state closed all fishing in Washington for now. The only thing open was some Chinook salmon fishing but still... also, BC has put into place the same closures on their fishing that they had last year. So no salmon fishing until you are past the north end of Vancouver Island starting April 1st until sometime in August.

Greetings,
Mr. RC. I very much doubt the state closed the fishing to p*ss off fishermen. About the only reason I can possibly think of is an attempt to eliminate personal contact. For every lone fisherman, who's "ready to go", I suspect there may be many more who need: fuel for boat and/or boat and tow vehicle, bait, provisions (food & drink), pick up 1, 2 or 3+ fishing buddies and access the launch ramp. All potential places for close interactions.

We're in Self Isolation and I am unable to get to a grocery store easily so I have to order and wait 10 days for food delivery. Not really a problem other than trying to anticipate meals for that time period.
As for fishing...River's in spring flood and full of ice.
Life goes on...

I agree. I just never ever thought that something like this could ever happen and how it is effecting random things we have forever taken for granted.

In Georgia during this time of imposed self-isolation, each county can make decisions on the necessity for "self-imposed" and of the definition for "essential businesses."
I think we can all pretty much agree drug stores, grocery stores and maybe gas stations and perhaps, liquor stores meet this definition of "essential".
Now, some counties are trying to determine if gun stores fall under that definition of "essential".
Maybe next it will be the adult toy store? LOL

Okay, let's say I have been hiding out for 14 days, I venture out for groceries. When I get home, do I begin a new round of 14 days of self-imposed isolation?

I will admit I really like the traffic situation ... What would normally take 45 minutes to get somewhere now takes 15 minutes.

I wonder if this will have any effect on the crime rate.

NOTE to moderator.... if this is in the wrong forum, please move it. If it is too political remove it. I will not be offended.

Funny thing, around here they waived fishing license requirements so people could get out and do something well away from crowds. That may also be due to the places which sell licenses either being closed, or not wanting the extra traffic.

We have finally seen things lock down here, it was limited life as normal. As of today the community has been directed to close all non essential businesses, no travel between communities. I am getting ready to make my run to the liquor store for beer, hoping to be able to stock up and finding it open for business.

It's going to make getting things ready by my usual launch date pretty iffy... Not sure the mail is going to be delivered either, some things will be wait and see. Not sure yet it UPS and FedEx will be delivering either, I do know that's how some folks have been getting some essential items.

They are encouraging walking, riding bicycles, and subsistence activities while observing social distancing. I was hoping to see the lockdown hold off until June, I would have been in the water by then.

To many people enjoying their forced time off so the state closed all fishing in Washington for now. The only thing open was some Chinook salmon fishing but still... also, BC has put into place the same closures on their fishing that they had last year. So no salmon fishing until you are past the north end of Vancouver Island starting April 1st until sometime in August.

This of course applies to all the indian fisheries as well, right?:hide:

Back
Top Bottom