Aft versus Forward Cabin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I learned is I need to get off the computer and look at some real boats. I will start this summer. Thanks again.

Pluto, if you can do the ride from GA, there is an in-water boat show in Oriental NC on the weekend of April 12.it is a great little town for a weekend getaway and the boat show features pre-owned trawlers and sailers. We got hooked about 6 years ago at the first show and it keeps growing every year. Some nice B&Bs in Oriental, and some good food around. Worth a look if you have time.

We like the aft cabin though getting our big dog aboard is tricky.

The forward cabin has an off-center queen which we like if we have guests (pardon the kid). We also liked bunks but it worked out that we got the Marine Trader and we like the forward cabin because you can shut it off. Good when we have teens aboard!

Aft cabin is as much like home as any house. As I learn the boat more, we upgrade more stuff. For me, it's a matter of building confidence as I try new skills and get them done. We might look for some kind of large dog carrier to get the big fella from the swim platform to the deck. At his age now he just jumps off whenever we anchor. You might be able to tell he likes the water.

Attachments

• image-2678738766.jpg
    image-2678738766.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3850904998.jpg
    image-3850904998.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2592340924.jpg
    image-2592340924.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 78
Living aboard on the hard means climbing a 10 foot ladder to get on board. I keep telling the First Mate to imagine we're eloping and going out the second story window. She is not amused. Two or three steps to the dock will be a piece of cake when we get in the water.

Back
Top Bottom