Advice on Headsets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodne

We are looking to purchase hands free headsets for the two of us to be able to communicate while docking. Any leads would be helpful.

Sena SPH10 headsets.

Eartec work well for the missus and I.

Sena sph10. Three years! Marriage savers. Use them all over the boat, and when anchor person deployed to beach. Solid 100 foot range in intercom mode. Good duplex and great wind handling.

Advice on headsets

Thanks all for your imput. I am online ordering the Sena SPH 10. They look like what we were looking for.

We use eartecs and have been very pleased with them. The only issue was one of them jumped off the boat, never to be seen again. We no longer use the belt clips but now put them in a pocket. We also tape the headset plug into the unit, that way you have a nanosecond to grab it before it goes over the side. Of course now if it goes we lose the whole unit including the headset.

I suggest Aussies avoid Uniden brand radio units with headsets. The radios are fine, but the Chinese headsets seemed a cheap flimsy afterthought. One was defective, Uniden (usually a responsive company, I have their portable back up VHF which is good), refused to respond despite a number of calls to them. I had mailed them the defective headset at their request, their rep told me they had other headset complaints. Maybe they tired of replacing headsets or ran out of replacements. Not worth buying for the headsets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom