Adventure #2: Getting the Tollycraft home!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jovial_cynic

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Zorro Del Mar
Vessel Make
1972 Tollycraft Tri-Cabin
The 1959 Matthews came and went, and it was a relatively inexpensive way for me to get a crash course education on large boats - enough for to decide that I can handle owning a more expensive boat.

Today, I picked up a 1972 40' Tollycraft Tri-Cabin. Fiberglass! Smells great! (says my wife; I barely have a sense of smell) No leaks! Twin diesels! Freshly painted and surveyed! (I know - I paid for the work to be done)

All good stuff. And this Saturday, we're grabbing the kids and basically making the same route down on the Tollycraft that I made a few weeks ago on the Matthews. I'm looking forward to having my kids enjoy this adventure with us, and am happy with this new purchase.

I'll post more pictures once I get them.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 93
Congratulations. Art is going to go nuts when he sees your a fellow Tolly owner now.

Congratulations. Art is going to go nuts when he sees your a fellow Tolly owner now.

Oh, that's right - he does own a Tollycraft. To be honest, when he showed us his boat, my familiarity with boats was so limited that I couldn't have identified what kind of boat it was, other than being fiberglass.

It's pretty amazing how much I've learned in the past month, and how quickly i can identify different kinds of boats. This has been a blast. I'm so glad I've become a part of the boating/trawler community.

Congratulation and good luck for your soon coming trip.
Nice boat, cannot wait to see more pics.

L

Congrats and good luck on the delivery trip. Let us know how the trip is going/goes and post lots of pics.

Back
Top Bottom