Admirals & Pedestals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, different strokes. My Admiral likes to be referred to as the Admiral, and I agree that in many cases it could be a patronizing reference, but not with mine.

Larry - Your quote at end of each post always pleases me, and, in this instance being discussed... i.e. using the term "Admiral" to lovingly address/describe our wives (who don't mind that signet at all) - your... "I'd rather be happy than dignified" Simply Fits Perfectly! IMHO :thumb:

Last edited:
Funny though, Art. When I decided on that signature, it was originally "I'd rather be happy than right", ..... a direct reference to the Admiral.

Funny though, Art. When I decided on that signature, it was originally "I'd rather be happy than right", ..... a direct reference to the Admiral.

Larry - That's a kick! :lol: :D

Everybody has their own way of getting through the day, or making it to the next wedding anniversary. It's cool, it really is. And I don't want to turn a playful thing into something it is not.

That said, I don't want to think of my girl that way, even after 20 years of marriage, and I know she doesn't see herself that way.

I used to rep for an apparel line called Sportif. We sold a lot of shorts to boaters, mostly boaters over 50 or so. Many, many times I saw some guy come into our trade show booth and want to buy a new pair of shorts...at $39, but wouldn't because his wife would tell him he didn't need them and couldn't have them. It made me kind of sick to my stomach to think he had worked his whole life but wasn't allowed to decide what shorts he could wear. And believe me, most of these guys could afford them many, many times over.

I have tremendous respect for my wife, she inspires me every day. But she is not my commanding officer and I'm not hers.

Greetings,
What some people don't realize is marriage is NOT 50/50! It's 100/100. Those that don't subscribe to this are, I'm afraid, not making the best of the situation. Sad really....

Reactions: Art

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom