ActiveCaptain PC Emulator Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PennBruce

Vessel Name
Last Hurrah
Vessel Make
Ta Chiao/CT35 Sun Deck
I am able to run ActiveCaptain on my cell phone. However, I run into a problem when I try to run it on my Window Surface Pro 7. I can't add the chart plotter's SSID.

Emulator 1.jpg

I've tried three emulators and this is always the result.

Emulator 2.jpg

I spent hours on the internet looking for a solution. Either I am asking the question wrong or it's such an obvious solution that there is no discussion.

Suggestions, please

Bruce

I renamed my network to match the default network in the emulator, no joy.

Bruce

I've come to the conclusion that AcitveCaptain is not compatible with Android emulators on PC's. I did find one video that purports to show how to install it. However, after slowing down the video to 1/4 speed and studying the video, the presenter never connects to the Garmin network. He gets no further then I have.

This morning I installed ActiveCaptain on my Miata's Android head unit. This is essential a a 10" Android tablet. It works exactly the way ActiveCaptain works on my cell phone. It's not close enough to my chart plotter to connect to the Helm function. That will have to wait until my Android tablet arrives later this week.

Bruce

ActiveCaptain on Android Tablet

I've had a response from BlueStacks. They confirmed that the current software will not work with ActiveCaptain.

BlueStacks Support.jpg

I took the chart plotter to the Maita. I decided not to wait for the Lenovo P11 Plus tablet to arrive. I wanted to see how it would work before I received the tablet as this is the only use I would have for it.

When you first connect to the Helm function you see a thumb nail of the plotter screen. Tapping on the thumb nail brings up a full size image of the plotter's screen. The full size image will probably not fill the tablet's screen unless you happen to have a tablet whose aspect ratio is the same as the chart plotter.

Active Captain - Miata 1.jpg

I have a GPSMAP 1042. It is not a touch screen. ActiveCaptain turns it into a touch screen. You touch the button on the chart plotter's image to select the function.

Here I have selected Navigation Charts from my home screen.

Active Captain - Miata 2.jpg

The chart screen is a bit different from the chart plotter screen. The chart on the chart plotter screen shows the coordinates for the cursor position in the upper left corner. You can pinch to zoom the chart and use fingers to move the chart.

Selecting the block in the upper right corner of the screen brings up the buttons for controlling the chart plotter.

Active Captain - Miata 2a.jpg

Here are the screen navigation buttons displayed

Active Captain - Miata 3.jpg

If this works out on the tablet I will be using the tablet in my inside helm as my chart plotter display. A plus advantage is in the unlikely failure of my chart plotter I will be able to run a different navigation app on the tablet to my next destination.

Bruce

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom