4788 potable water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timicrinn

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Hale Moku
Vessel Make
4788 Bayliner
A bow thruster was installed in a 4788 bayliner before I purchased it. The aft tank was removed to make room. What is the remaining tank capacity if the boat originally had 200 gallons of water? Cannot find the answer in any bayliner documents or owner manuals. Any ideas where I can get this information...the boat is a 1994 model.

Probably the easiest way to find out is to pick up an inline water meter for your hose on Amazon. (Under $20)

81YyGIUl35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My tanks have the volume capacity stamped onto a label on the top of each tank. Does your remaining tank have a similar inscription?

In stock form the bow tank (top) is 130 gallons and the bottom tank (aft) is 59 gallons.
When a bow thruster is installed it comes down to how they did the install - I have seen ass little as 11 gallons removed from the aft tank and as much as a complete aft tank removal.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I think there is an inline water meter in my future. I’ll check for any markings on the remaining tank.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I think there is an inline water meter in my future. I’ll check for any markings on the remaining tank.

If you dont have many details about the boat you can start by getting the handbook at the Bayliner site.
Go to Bayliner boats / click on owners resources top of page / click on owners manuals / select a year / select a model / download the manual.
Another hint - since you have a 4788 model you can select later years of the same model as well where the manuals for those had more details.

Caution - your 1994 is the largest year for changes to that model line as its the transition year from the 45 t0 47 versions. The first 6-7 hulls of that conversion were quite different from all others in the line, if your boats hull ID number indicate that it is within the first 6-7 hulls please keep in mind that your boats specs will not neccesarily share the attributes of the general 4788 lineup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom